Sr. HRIS Specialist - Workday
At SCP Health, what you do matters
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- Work from home days possible
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior HRIS Specialist you will be a part of the Team that is responsible for the support and maintenance of the organizations HRIS (Workday). You will perform a range of duties including configurations, support and manage data, business processes and reporting for the company. You will be on the constant look out for and propose improved internal processes with an eye towards automation and efficiencies. Provide project management support and communications for Human Resources projects as well as anticipate and raise risks and propose mitigation plans. Act as the liaison between the technical support of Workday and the business use of the system. Demonstrated knowledge of HR functional operations and HR information systems, principles, methods, and practices. Support a variety of projects, including upgrades, business process configurations, migrations, conversions, analyzation of downstream impacts and implementation of new modules. You will ensure the accuracy and integrity of business processes and organizational data within the HRIS.
- Analyze business processes and develop new and enhanced workflows within Workday, including but not limited to: Core HCM, Absence, Time Tracking, Benefits, Advanced Compensation and Talent Management. This will include documenting processes.
- Provide end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance and escalation management, using ticketing and/or tracking systems. Monitor reoccurring issues, system/data or process gaps and proactively identify potential sources of increased efficiency and enhancements.
- Development and presentation of recommended system changes and optimizations. Translation of business needs into actionable technical projects, through writing and gathering business requirements
- Complete testing and troubleshooting of system changes and optimization, such as User acceptance Testing (UAT) testing, End-to-End testing, Regression testing, and Parallel testing
- Assist with broadening internal knowledge of Workday through job aids and other training materials. Which will include the creation of training materials, and provision of training to end users on the Workday system; also facilitate and conduct end-user training.
- Proven Workday configuration experience with a keen eye to understand outcomes
- Communicate effectively and manage Workday project stakeholders across multiple levels of the organization, building strong collaborative relationships.
- Support Workday technology upgrades: support assessing impact of new Workday features, coordinate rollout with project teams and business leaders, as needed.
- Identification, tracking, and resolution of issues and defects within Workday, potentially with the use of ticketing systems such as ServiceNow.
Who/What we are looking for:
- You have a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
- You have extensive knowledge of Workday: Business process configuration, workflow streams, benefits, compensation, talent management, and reporting.
- You have six years demonstrated in experience configuring, implementing, and maintaining HRIS system, project management experience is a plus.
- You have the ability to make decisions, while balancing business requirements, internal project timelines and technology roadmaps. Excellent skills in planning, organizing, and managing workload and priorities.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of HR functional operations and HR information systems, principles, methods, and practices
- You embrace innovation by seeking new or contrary ideas/approaches to what has been done in the past.
- You have a service mindset coupled with ability to find "win-win" solutions. Not afraid to say "no" when necessary.
- You are a self-starter who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, that has a combination of regular and contracted employees.
- You are curious and driven to continuously learn and stay current with new technologies; extreme attention to detail.
- You are a process improvement advocate, with a willingness to always think outside the box.
- You have demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality when exposed to and handling sensitive employee data.
- You are able to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- You have Workday Certification (HCM), highly preferred, but not required. Proven/demonstrated six plus year or more practical experience (hands-on) Workday-break fixes, configuration, reporting, business processes experience required.
- You have experience with People Analytics and Prism is a plus and knowledge of ServiceNow, ticketing or another case management system is helpful as well.
SCP Health and its affiliated companies require all applicants for a non-clinical position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment. SCP Health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption requests as required by applicable law.
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.