Coding Specialist II - Hospital Medicine
At SCP Health, what you do matters
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- A challenging role with exposure to the front end and back end of Revenue Cycle
- Flexible schedule, start as early as 5ams and work-from-home near our regional offices, Lafayette, LA, Dallas, TX or Atlanta, GA
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
The Coding Specialist II position supports the Hospital Medicine (HM) services line and is responsible for reviewing ProCode’s quality derived edits.
- Perform auditing, coding, editing, and review processes (deficiency, nonbillable, denial, and other)
- Perform timely filing reviews as necessary to ensure deadlines are met
- Utilize available systems and reports to identify issues to assess and determine further coding, editing or auditing needs
- Provide other services as needed for complementary service lines (Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care, etc.)
- Comply with HIPAA requirements in relation to all chart activities
- Maintain required procedures in line with coding policies and procedures
Who/What we are looking for:
- You have at least one year of full-time hospital medicine coding experience
- You are proficient with Microsoft Excel with intermediate experience with other Microsoft Office Word and Outlook
- You have Centricity or OnBase experience, music to our ears, but not required
- You have a bachelor’s degree Healthcare Information Management (HIM) with RHIA certification; other degrees may be considered and evaluated for proficiency and experience in coding
- You have Coding Certification with AAPC or AHIMA
SCP Health and its affiliated companies require all applicants for a non-clinical position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment. SCP Health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption requests as required by applicable law.
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Options for working from home