Director, Clinical Performance Data Reporting
The Director, Clinical Performance Data Reporting will focus on reporting SCP clinical and operational data as well as the use of client and CMS (external) data sources to produce analytical reports demonstrating clinical performance, patient outcomes, performance versus hospital and health system objectives, provider performance, overall practice performance including results that inform provider and client incentive plans. The role also includes the reporting of benchmarking data or comparing SCP performance with national or client benchmarks, and similar sites of care. Leadership responsibilities would include direct reports from quality analytics and data positions.
- Responsible for assembling and analyzing internal and external clinical and operational data sets from hospitals or health care systems with the intent to deliver information to corporate clients, SCP executives/operational leadership, and business development.
- Responsible for delivering analytical and reporting solutions to support quality and value care initiatives, business development, client informational needs and clinical/operational strategies
- Support executive clinical leadership with needed data, analytics, and reports using both national data sets and SCP data sets to improve clinical performance, improve process and optimize value.
- Has a distinct knowledge base of clinical quality strategies and measures, CMS/hospital generated information and service line data metrics in order to coordinate key data point collection from internal or external sources, report progress and provide requested data sets/dashboards to SCP internal customers or external clients.
- Able to provider data and analytical support for SCP committees as determined by executive leadership and Vice President of Quality
- Project management and documentation of key quality processes, requests, and timelines to include both CMS submission tasks, required monthly reporting, and management of service support system that generates specific data requests from SCP operations
- Works with Quality and IT resources/projects for development of accurate and complete data sources in the form of reports, dashboards, and other provider or operational tools.
- Creation and maintenance of medical director engagement, yearly evaluation reports which may include medical director evaluations as well as expansion into CAHPS data gathering and reporting
- Ability to trouble shoot system wide operational reports to confirm data, reporting, or other data concerns. This would include perform reports, service line dashboard, and facility variance reports.
- Ability to create operational focused data-gathering and surveys needed for clinical quality and operational reports such as Jot Forms, survey monkey etc. including appropriate licenses.
- Assist with data production and submission to designated benchmarking societies.
- Leadership and management duties for both personnel and management of quality systems
- Medical Director reporting assistance and coordination as requested
- MIPS Registry/CMS submission assistance report generation
- Advanced in the following computer application skills, Word, Excel, Power point, Micro-strategy, and other data analytic software including EMR data extraction.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Preferred
- Previous Hospital or Physician practice clinical quality experience at the managerial level
- Previous Clinical Quality or coding experience at lead or managerial level
- MIPS or ACO submission data and programs
- Experience with EMR data sets and ability to execute on EMR reporting
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of key quality and hospital metrics such as CMS Readmissions, Hospital value-based programs, HAC, Star Ratings, Quality and Improvement Processes
- Practical knowledge of hospital and field operations, clinical practice dynamics, central office department interfaces, and hospital/health system interactions, sufficient to advise how data and information should be effectively crafted and communicated
- Knowledge of key quality and clinical metrics for providers including operational metrics, throughput, efficiency, MIPS, BPCI - A, and ACO clinical quality and cost programs
- Highly skilled in communication with Excel, Power-point, and Word
- Knowledgeable and intuitive in communicating both written and verbally with field operations, hospital, quality, and executive roles
- Able to translate data and operational information into meaningful conclusions and implications, and produce derivative work accordingly
- Able to proactively identify performance and reporting issues, opportunities, and problems and act accordingly
- Comfortable in a myriad of matrix relationships and accountabilities
- Highly skilled in verbal communication - mostly by phone or Web - with key stakeholders
- Executive and senior clinical and operations leadership communication
- Able to meet deadlines and also respond to ad hoc, unscheduled field operations, and new business, facility, and executive requests while still producing high quality, accurate work products.
*This role is not intended to hired in Colorado.
INDJV - This is a remote position.