Credit Balance Specialist
At SCP Health, what you do matters
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- The amazing Revenue Cycle Services culture – we value people, process and technology
- Options for working from home-hybrid role
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
The Credit Balance Specialist promotes a patient-centric environmental approach in appropriately resolving EOB credit balances and requests for refunds.
- Working EOB credit balance accounts, research accounts and work each refund request letter
- Proactively resolve any refund request issues by seeking out and identifying payor trends
- Monitor and maintain a high level of productivity and quality of work; report daily on ETM inventory and prepare appeals relating to coding, provider enrollment, and payment processing issues
- Verify refund is necessary prior to initiating a refund
- Verify accuracy of adjustments posted to the account prior to initiating a refund; including UCR guidelines
- Keep management informed of successes and problems
Who/What we are looking for:
- You have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- You understand EOBs (Explanation of Benefits) and can identify posting errors of payment and adjustments
- You are tech savvy, with strong proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- You have at least 3 years Accounts Receivable experience in the Healthcare industry, preferably working with EOBs
- You have previous AthenaIDX/GE Centricity experience – a PLUS!
- You have an understanding of primary, secondary and tertiary payor relations
- You have Healthcare experience that includes knowledge of filing appeals and demanding claims
- You are extremely detail oriented, organized and a self-starter capable of tracking deadlines and meeting goals
- You have strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
SCP Health and its affiliated companies require all applicants for a non-clinical position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment. SCP Health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption requests as required by applicable law.
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.