Patient Access Solutions Coordinator I - Medical Scheduler
This position answers blended inbound and outbound telephone calls while also using other forms of patient access/engagement from an assigned line of business, solution, or campaign. This position requires the ability to multi task while providing a professional patient and client experience while ensuring accuracy of information. Collects appropriate data and enters into computer system. Schedules appointments and services for patients and/or clients, may obtain pre-certifications for necessary procedures and services, confirm or reschedule appointments, assist patient with finding appropriate physician/care provider or program, and work outbound campaigns as assigned. Helps problem solve to ensure superior patient satisfaction. Communicates regularly with other internal and external departments and clients. Must be flexible and have ability learn new processes and procedures to work across multiple lines of business, solutions, or campaigns within Patient Engagement.
- Work efficiently and in a professional manner utilizing multiple forms of access/engagement (blended inbound/outbound calls, chat, SMS/Text, and email) in a fast paced and challenging contact center environment across multiple lines of business, solutions, and campaigns for assigned market(s) and clients
- Work as an extension of hospitals, clinics, medical practices, etc. scheduling appointments, addressing general inquiries, making referrals, and performing additional patient engagement functions of a patient engagement healthcare contact center
- Serve as backup for other lines of business, solutions, campaigns and markets
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships and gain trust in a contact center environment, multi-tasking ability to listen while entering data and documenting information accurately, and resolve issues, provide assistance effectively and efficiently
- Schedule appointments and manage general inquiries, track appointments, remind patients of appointments, refer calls to nurse triage care coordination team, and follow all process and procedures while demonstrating sensitivity to issues, possess proactive behavior in addressing needs of patients and clients
- Control engagement interactions to ensure each interaction/inquiry is handled completely and efficiently
- Meet key performance goals including call handling metrics, quality performance, and attendance
- Keep Supervisor advised of any problems or client and/or patient concerns, CHC concerns as they arise.
- Clock in/out and schedules time off according to current policies/procedures
- Flexibility with schedule to work in a 24/7 365 environment with schedules that may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Bilingual a plus but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous healthcare or contact experience
- Computer literate with attention to detail and the ability to learn new software applications and methods of engagement
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent communications and customer service skills required
EDUCATION (Required and/or Preferred):
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- Healthcare or Contact Center environment
- Scheduling and/or Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Professional setting and/or work from home (Dallas based employees will work in Regional office)
- Oral and written communication and listening skills
- Continuous computer use
- Occasional bending, kneeling, lifting, pulling and pushing up to 10 pounds
- Job requires a high level of mental awareness and ability to multi-task
SCP Health and its affiliated companies require all applicants for a non-clinical position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment. SCP Health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption requests as required by applicable law.
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.INDJV