HR Business Process Analyst - Workday
The Business Process Analyst is a liaison with Human Resources and other functional departments within the organization (i.e. IT, Finance, Operations, etc.) to identify areas where performance or processes impacting the HR function can be improved (via administratively or systematically), and to develop strategies that meet best practices in the marketplace. The Business Process Analyst will also be responsible for managing the data analytics form the various HR systems and presenting this information is dashboards, presentations, etc. across the organization.
- Reviews, analyzes, and makes recommendations for modifying applications, workflows, or business processes including identifying defects, and works with testing and key stakeholders to validate business/systems requirements have been met to support the organization's business needs.
- Develops and maintains end user documentation related to business process or system changes; provides training as needed to support end users through business process or system change.
- Researches, plans, and recommends administrative system and software alternatives/options to satisfy the organization's business requirements.
- Assists in the implementation of application, workflow or business process modifications, including new application releases or new business processes within the Workday HRIS.
- Conducts task analysis and interacts with system users to identify opportunities for gains in efficiencies.
- Identifies, analyzes, translates and documents business requirements into Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) during analysis or Functional Specifications (design) for technical teams (build) and other users, as applicable.
- Continually refines defined standard work that may be used in the improvement of quality of service.
- Assists business operations (as a Business Process Analyst) in the preparation of process maps.
- Acts as a liaison between the business and technical teams to translate and communicate complex business problems into technical solutions.
- Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of compensation, benefits programs and HRIS system to support a diverse business model.
- Engage with key stakeholders in the business to clearly understand and scope analytical requests.
- Mine, analyze and model large structured and unstructured data sets to create actionable business metrics and solve business questions or tell the story.
- Uses creativity to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, IT and senior executives
- Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analysis and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes.
EDUCATION (Required and/or Preferred):
Bachelor's degree or related years of education and work experience.
FIELD OF STUDY:
Undergraduate degree in finance, business, human resources management, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of associated work experience which includes project management/ business process management improvements.
- Practical application ability with Microsoft Office and Visio
- Detailed analytical abilities, presented data in a manner which is used to make business decisions and recommendations.
- Strong experience in user testing and project management. Workday HM experience is highly preferred!
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Lean and /or Six Sigma certification is a huge plus