Service Coordinator, Occupational Health Call Center
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
The Service Coordinator answers incoming telephone calls from an assigned facility, employer or employee. This person also collects appropriate data and enters into computer system, schedules appointments and services for clients/patients, obtains pre-certifications for necessary procedures and services and ensures accuracy of documentation prior to forwarding to appropriate party. All these duties help problem solve to ensure superior customer satisfaction.
- Receives calls from assigned market(s) and assists clients as needed
- Serves as backup for other markets
- Assist with monthly/quarterly report as needed
- Assist with QA on data input
- Maintaining positive relationships with employers, employees, physicians and their staff.
- Keep Team Leader advised of any problems or client concerns
- Clocks in/out and schedules time off according to current policies/procedures.
- Run daily tracking for markets assigned
- Review tracking report before starting daily activity to prioritize work and to be sure critical tracking is not overlooked. This will also assist with avoiding duplicate employer/md office calls.
- Call daily to be sure physician appointments, therapy, treatments, etc. were completed in a timely manner.
- Secures pre-certification and authorizations for needed services from payers/insurance companies
- Fax daily reminder information to physician offices for appointments
- Check fax machine at end of day to be sure adequate paper
- Notify receptionist of needed supplies when you see supplies are getting low
- Responsible for reporting to Team Leader if daily job tasks completed to offer assistance with additional projects, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent communications and customer service skills required
- Attention to details and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prior occupational health or workers compensation experience helpful
Medical Assistant, Medical Office, or Case Management experience highly preferred.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills required.
- Attention to details and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Prior occupational health or workers' compensation experience helpful.
*SCP Health offers competitive benefits and compensation and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time