Business Development Manager ( Healthcare ) - West Coast
This is a remote position based in either of the 3 cities listed below:
Relocation will be required.
The Business Development Manager shall contribute to the growth of SCP Health by identifying, contacting, nurturing, and qualifying sales leads through personalized interactions via email, social media, telephone, events, and professional relationship development. The role is measured and rewarded on the ability to generate a volume of contacts and leads in accordance with predetermined target criteria to ensure overall goals for sales and growth are achieved.
SCP Health aims to position itself in the marketplace as a respected thought leader. The Business Development Manager is responsible for understanding the individual business values, priorities, and initiatives of our prospective clients then using thought leadership to build awareness and appreciation of SCPs capabilities and value. The successful Business Development Manager will be very familiar with SCPs core services of Emergency Medicine and Hospital Medicine as well as adjacent service lines and understand the personal, professional, financial, clinical, and operational concerns of hospital CxOs responsible for these areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct in depth market analyses on target accounts and their executives and monitor their activity via target account websites, Definitive Healthcare, social media accounts and news feeds, competitor websites and announcements, etc.
- Generate marketing qualified leads on these target accounts through identifying potential areas of need and/or interest, making contact (through calls and/or emails) with the appropriate decision makers, articulating SCP business value and delivering thought leadership marketing content that address specific CxO financial, clinical, and/or operational concerns in order to stimulate interests, secure initial introduction/presentation and transition to the appropriate sales VP
- Develop, maintain, and cultivate relationships with appropriate decision makers should they not be sales qualified at the time of initial contact
- Manage, qualify, and make initial contact on new inbound business leads from sources that include; referrals, inquires, networking, SCP website, etc.
- Secure initial introduction/presentation on qualified leads and transition to the appropriate sales VP
- Initial contact should include the ability to ask probing questions to help the prospect see problems or challenges they didn't realize existed; framing conversations around solutions showcasing SCPs abilities
- Identify new hospital/health system target accounts by leveraging multiple lead management tools including; salesforce.com, definitive healthcare, telephone solicitation, email and direct mail, social media, and direct mailings Collaborate with Chief Growth Officer, SVP Growth and Development, Vice President of Sales Strategy, VP of Business Development, and Marketing to implement outbound marketing campaigns (i.e. phone solicitation, mailings, emails, newsletters, social media posts, etc.) focused around specific events (i.e. webinars, presentations, roundtable discussions, tradeshows) and perform all follow-up to support prospecting efforts in addition to ongoing primary lead generation activities
- Continuously research and participate in meetings that will enhance knowledge and understanding of value proposition for SCP service offerings, healthcare industry, target hospitals and hospital systems (both national and regional), current hospital/hospital system clients, proposals, competitors, best practices
- Provide follow up to stalled business through calls, email, and working with outside contacts to develop potential opportunities for re-approach
- Collaborate with Chief Growth Officer, SVP Growth and Development, Vice President of Sales Strategy, VP of Business Development, and Operations to develop territory specific sales action plans, targets and strategies on lead generation and market development and/or expansion
- Support the campaign to proposal process, ensure we stay on track throughout the front end of the sales process Provide support to VP of Business Development in the completion of the Deal Profile, chasing down internal proforma inputs and deal huddle participation
- Manage data on all target accounts (hospital/health system info and executive contacts) and changes in lead status in Salesforce.com, ensuring all activities and communications are logged; Meet or exceed quotas for qualified leads passed to VP of Business Development.
- Attend trades shows to generate business and company awareness.
- Follow up with leads generated by exhibiting at trade shows.
- Maintain positive image to current clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, preferably in marketing, public relations or similar field or equivalent work experience required;
- 5+ years of health care sales or relationship development experience;
- Experience interacting with CxOs, physicians, and other healthcare providers;
- Thorough understanding of the healthcare industry, hospital market, corporate structures;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to build trust and confidence with the utmost integrity
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent general computer experience and typing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent knowledge of LinkedIn and Salesforce
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- High-energy, results-oriented self-starter with desire to exceed expectations
- Team player who can develop and maintain collaborative relationships across the organization