The Proposal Manager is someone who can envision the final product in total, and control resources and process to achieve that product. The Proposal Manager has final responsibility for preparing and delivering all proposal volumes and other required proposal deliverables, controlling both the process and the final product. The candidate must possess the ability and flexibility to execute all proposal team responsibilities, where necessary. The Proposal Manager will drive the overall content for proposal development efforts. He/she leads the process to create and submit content for requests for proposals, RFPs, requests for information (RFIs), and a variety of other bid requests. Collaborates with members of the marketing, sales, operations, clinical, finance, and legal teams to ensure content is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Manage all proposal efforts and resources
- Plan proposal and proposal support activities
- Prepare the master proposal schedule for individual pursuits, and manage the proposal preparation process, ensuring it remains on schedule.
- Manage all aspects of the proposal schedule, meetings, draft reviews
- Develop and maintain a robust and accurate RFP Q&A database with standard answers and put in place a calendar to regularly review and update content as needed.
- Periodically review and improve the standard proposal templates for each key service line.
- Review final questionnaire for accuracy and customize with market and customer specific information and sales edits
- Ensure that the proposal conforms to the instructions, evaluation criteria, and SOW in the solicitation.
- Define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement.
- Produce periodic reports.
- Adhere to style guide and brand standards.
- Align content and voice with overall messaging platform, organizational mission, and business objectives.
- Develop relationships with marketing, sales, operations, clinical, finance, and legal teams, and other functions who assist with RFP responses.
- Contribute ideas regarding business solutions based upon own ideas, experience and research.
- Ensure final documents are compliant with RFP requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate strong organizational, planning, coordination and project management skills.
- Strong ability to maintain focus on the win strategy throughout the proposal process, and to infuse that strategy and its resultant tactics to good effect throughout the entire proposal
- Able to manage proposals from initial conception through final delivery, including theme and content development, technical writing, editing, and proposal presentation
- Experience with proposal efforts involving multiple team members; able to develop proposals that demonstrate team understanding of major customer needs
- Communicate tasks and objectives to the proposal team - clearly and unambiguously
- Exceptional time management skills
- Able to operate effectively in complex environments, coordinate activities and build schedules to accommodate geographically dispersed teams, and train proposal team members on the SCP proposal development process
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent writing/editing/proofreading skills, and proven ability to understand and communicate technical concepts in a compelling, persuasive manner.
- Capable of professional interaction across all levels of personnel, including executive leadership, and technical subject matter experts.
- Capable of working under tight deadlines, with the flexibility to work on several projects concurrently.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Completes multiple projects under extremely tight time frames with little to no supervision.
- Persuasive writing style with the ability to write succinct and compelling messages.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and fast-paced corporate environment
- The ability to author, populate, research, or manage the development of content and other significant written communications
EDUCATION (Required and/or Preferred):
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 5 years of proposal development experience required
- A minimum of 3 years of health care industry experience required
- Must have extensive experience with PowerPoint presentations