Group Operating Officer (Core Operations)
Support and lead the Company's efforts to achieve and maintain the position as a leader in the provision of Emergency Medicine (EM) and/or Hospitalist (HM) practice management services. Primary oversight and overall accountability for the performance of the assigned practices working closely in collaboration with the Group Medical Officer, Client Service VPs, Staffing Operations and SCP support department leaders charged with responsibility to achieve our operational, financial, clinical, and service goals.
The responsibilities as outlined below shall be more specifically expanded and refined in accordance with those goals and objectives routinely established by Corporate and additionally, by virtue of and commensurate with the obligations and commitments made to our Client Hospitals.
- Seek to build and maintain consensus, alignment, and focus on priorities and objectives within and across service delivery teams with client satisfaction and retention as the chief measurements of success.
- Exhibit/deliver timely, thorough, consistent, clear, and effective communication to all internal Company stakeholders and employees as well as providers, medical directors, and client representatives.
- Provide direction, guidance, and influence over designated field ops personnel.
- Build and lead a high-performance workplace culture that contributes to a high level of employee satisfaction, employee retention, and productivity.
- Accountable for the delivery of practice management services consistent with our contractual obligations as established with hospital clients and providers.
- Establish and execute on shared goals and related strategic priorities with EM and HM client service teams, Staffing Operations, Value-based services, and Central Office departments.
- Develop and maintain highly effective and collaborative partnership relationships with key client representatives and industry leaders.
- Ensure the delivery of consistent, timely, and effective practice productivity improvement initiatives.
- Diligent oversight, direction, and leadership on the new client on-boarding process.
- Responsible to work collaboratively and effectively with Physician leadership counterparts (along with other department representatives) to develop, deploy, and maintain training, mentorship, and leadership development programs enough to ensure a high level of performance and retention of our appointed practice Medical Directors.
- Responsible to contribute to the effective operation of Recruiting, Scheduling, and Credentialing personnel, systems, and processes.
- Accountable for the achievement of revenue, expense, and margin targets in compliance with budget constraints and/or in response to unanticipated revenue and gross margin shortfalls.
- Ensure that where SCP EM, HM, and ICU practices co-exist at a single hospital location, ALL materially significant issues, opportunities, threats, or initiatives are well-communicated, with action plans designed and implemented with and through the effective collaboration of all stakeholders.
- Responsible to ensure that the practice is functioning with the necessary resources, priorities, and action plans to favorably influence the client's perceived value of SCP.
- Responsibility to identify, drive, and lead the introduction and deployment of new eHealth solutions in our practices with an ROI measurement attached to one or more of the following: Cost reduction/avoidance, provider satisfaction, patient care enhancement, or client satisfaction.
- Contribute to growth strategy development and provide significant leadership influence on and contributions to sales target identification and pursuit.
- Ensure optimal and appropriate use of Company technology resources and be accountable for the quality and integrity of Group data entered into systems.
- Ensure performance in accordance with all established legal and compliance standards.
PERFOMANCE MEASURES (Objective)
Service line meets/exceeds goals or targets associated with:
- Gross Margin generation.
- G&A expense control.
- Cost per RVU.
- Client Satisfaction.
- Contract Retention.
- Flex provider coverage.
- Physician coverage expenses.
- NPPA coverage expenses
- Facility Variance reports.
- Provider Cost as a Percentage of Revenue.
- Additional Pay.
- Client account receivables.
- Timely and accurate completion medical records.
- Patient Satisfaction.
- Value-based services Division including BPCI-A and Post-Acute Care services.
- The effective alignment and achievement of joint measurements with SCP Hospitalist and Intensivist Service lines.
PERFOMANCE MEASURES (Subjective)
- Strong and effective leadership and management capabilities;
- Highly Efficient and organized;
- Excellent Communication skills;
- Highly refined, mature, and diverse relationship management skills;
- Consistently accountable, responsible, and responsive;
- Able to set priorities and demonstrate sound judgment in handling complex problems.
- Comfortable and effective in building highly trusted working relationships with clinicians.
- Maintains a strong and deep followership in the organization.
- Personality best suited for the role: Type A without an edge
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications
- College Degree Required
- Master's Degree (MBA/MHA) Preferred
- Clinical education & experience a plus
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated success in leadership and management in the HealthCare delivery space and/or:
- Executive level responsibility over the operation of multi-site, multi-specialty medical practices a plus:
- Prior extensive responsibility over a P&L in a patient care related business is preferred.
- Flexibility to travel 50% to 70% of the time.