Payer Services Specialist
At SCP Health, what you do matters
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- Make a difference every day in lives of our patients, #TogetherWeHeal
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
As a part of the SCP Health Revenue Cycle Services team, the Payer Services Specialist will grant other users’ systems access to get their jobs done by managing new and existing website access and username/password reset requests. You will also act as a primary point of contact for all website access inquiries and requests, updates information regarding completed website access. Respond to questions and inquiries regarding status of requests, needed access, and any username/password requirements.
- Complete tasks to process the incoming cases received by each department within the queue
- Monitor incoming requests and validate information is appropriately documented
- Track status of request to completion and update notes and status in the case management tool
- Verify with case originator that access is properly working and update case appropriately
- Identify any gaps in website access by State, Payer and Facility levels
- Update the case management tool with all detailed information upon completion
- Research and update any changes to website access and security needs as necessary
- Provide Problem Resolution and ownership from case assignment to closure in all matters
Who/What we are looking for:
- You preferably have one year of ERA (Electronic Remit Advice) and EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) experience, or one year of Web Access/Insurance Website Administration experience
- You have experience working within a Ticketing system, like ServiceNow
- You have knowledge of National Payors (Aetna, BlueCross/Blue Shield, etc.) and Medicare/Medicaid enrollments
- You have intermediate Microsoft Office skills to include Outlook Word and Excel
- You have Centricity/Athena IDX or Salesforce experience, that’s a plus!
- You are detail oriented and love research and analytics and have strong problem resolution skills
SCP Health and its affiliated companies require all applicants for a non-clinical position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment. SCP Health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption requests as required by applicable law.
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.