Senior Contract Specialist
At SCP Health, what you do matters
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare client and provider agreements and amendments, primarily focused on customized language/addenda.
- Review requested changes to provider agreements (standard and non-standard) and client agreements.
- Review of specialized and non-standard requests for provider agreements and client agreements.
- Manage changes to client and provider agreements in coordination with clients, providers and/or attorneys, including direct communication and negotiation with clients, providers and/or attorneys.
- Coordinate provider pay issues with other departments.
- Assist in responding to document production requests.
- Assist Operations with provider contracting process.
- Assist with provider terminations as needed and in accordance with agreement terms.
- Manage provider agreement templates and direct assistance with creation and revision of provider agreement templates for all clinical service lines.
- Assist in development and enhancement of contracting system features and functions.
- Salesforce research and provision of historical data on providers, provider agreement requests, etc. as needed by Operations, ERMD and any other department.
- Direct collaboration with Operations and Data Quality for assurance of accurate data within Salesforce platform.
- Assist with ERMD auditing, monitoring and correction of providers working without agreements and assurance that contracts are properly put in place.
- Assist in client contracting tracking and processing.
- Support contracting for joint ventures and other strategic accounts.
- Assist with other requested projects.
- Train personnel who are involved in contracting processes.
- Cross-train where possible, including on both provider contracting and client contracting.
Who/What we are looking for:
- Bachelors degree or paralegal experience preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in contract administration or legal document management can be substituted for education.
- Contract administration or paralegal experience.
Other Special Training/Skills:
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High mental awareness.
- Self starter/motivator; ability to work independently.
- Strong decision making skills; able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and realistic understanding of issues while dealing with frequent change.
- Ability to maintain mature, problem-solving attitude while dealing with conflict or time demands on a daily basis, prioritize tasks and multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Diplomacy when communicating changing priorities.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
SCP Health and its affiliated companies require all applicants for a non-clinical position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment. SCP Health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption requests as required by applicable law.
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.