At SCP Health, what you do matters.
As part of the SCP Health team, you have an opportunity to make a difference. At our core, we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.
Why you will love working here:
- Flexible schedules and work-from-home opportunities
- Strong track record of providing excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through our core values - collaboration, courage, agility, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
The Hospital Medicine Practice Specialist is responsible for the daily operations of the overall Hospital Medicine (HM) practice for an assigned facility. Primary functions and expected results include: Completing daily tasks necessary to ensure adequate providers are on site to ensure quality patient care including completing and communicating monthly schedules. Ensure Client, Provider and PCP satisfaction by frequently communicating and taking actions needed to meet or exceed expectations. Comply with billing and coding requirements and working cooperatively with other personnel to generate timely collection of charges/reimbursement for facility and HM Division.
The Hospital Practice Specialist is responsible for the daily operations of the overall Hospital Medicine (HM) practice for an assigned facility. Primary functions and expected results include: Completing daily tasks necessary to ensure adequate providers are on site to ensure quality patients care; Ensuring Client, Provider and PCP satisfaction by frequently communicating and taking actions needed to meet or exceed expectations; Complying with billing and coding requirements and working cooperatively with other personnel to generate optimal revenue for facility and HM Division.
- Market services and the hospital to ensure retention of existing referral sources and to grow new referrals and volumes
- Support co-workers in audit and billing and comply with ICD9/CPT coding and chart review to ensure accurate documentation and billing
- Availability by phone or pager for schedule emergencies, patient complaints, or other facility issues.
- Enhance Client, PCP, Patient, and Provider Satisfaction as well as Quality, Case Management, Emergency Department, and other facility relations Ultimately responsible for satisfaction surveys.
- Communicate with PCPs and Consulting Specialist results pertaining to satisfaction, growth, and discharge summary follow-ups
- Complete Tracking Forms designated for the Hospitalist Program. Analyze to recommend needed improvements to both employer and Hospital leadership teams
- Identify on site production, performance, or other issues; recommend strategies for improvement
- Monthly scheduling and completion of provider schedules for designated site to ensure quality patient care and efficient use of resources
- Review of physician payroll monthly to ensure accuracy and opportunities for streamlining costs
- Facilitate engagement of HM Medical Director to result in meeting participation, new provider recruiting and retention
- Manage daily operations and recommend improvements to the practice as it relates to KPIs, and Client and Provider Satisfaction as established by both employer and the client
- Establish and facilitate standing HM Committee meetings between Hospital Administration, designated facility department managers, and HM representatives (include ED representatives if contract includes both)
- Liaison between employer and hospital personnel involved in medical records process.
- Oversee daily operations in regards to physician signatures, provider credentialing, physician completion of medical records and physician completion of daily billing
- Any others duties deemed necessary by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge or education regarding ICD 9 and CPT coding preferred but not required
- Must be well organized and demonstrate exceptional time management and priority setting skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management, staff, physicians and other professionals both orally and in writing
- Must be able to represent employer and the client as the local point of contact for Marketing, Physician Relations, and Customer, Patient and Employee satisfaction
Who/What we are looking for:
- You have Office Management experience - 3 years or more
- You have Practice Management/Healthcare - 2 years or more
- You have Project Management, Marketing, or experience working inside/alongside hospital based environment or functional areas
- You have knowledge of Medical Terminology or ICD 10 Coding & Billing
- High School - Required. Bachelor's Degree - Preferred
To learn more about SCP Health, please visit:
Join our social circle:
SCP Health and its affiliated companies require all applicants for a non-clinical position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except where prohibited by state or local law. To demonstrate compliance with SCP Health’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment. SCP Health will consider religious and/or medical/disability accommodation and other legally required exemption requests as required by applicable law.