Sr. Project Manager
The Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of IT related projects. Primary responsibilities include the coordination and completion of large complex projects on time within budget and scope, while remaining aligned to the goals of the SCP Health organization. This role manages two or more large cross-functional projects of high complexity that have enterprise-wide impact independently. This role also serves as a mentor for junior level project managers.
- Agility Ability to quickly adapt or evolve in response to changing circumstances. Must demonstrate the capabilities to be a continuous learner, decisive leader and strategic thinker.
- Courage Experience to lead change, rely on others, make decisions within uncertain situations, communicate no matter the situation, and challenge yourself outside your comfort zone.
- Respect Expectation of maintaining and professing mutual respect at all times. Demonstrate consistency, presence, and quality within interactions.
- Collaboration Capacity to engage people and groups within and outside ones formal control and inspire to work on common goals.
- Independently develops and executes large projects to include timeline, scope, budget, project deliverables and resources required and tracks and mitigates risk and quality issues
- Establishes effective project communication plans and ensures their execution
- Coordinates communication with all stakeholders that impact the scope, budget, schedule, risk and resources of the work effort being managed
- Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensures feasibility
- Assembles project schedules with team assignments, monitoring these work efforts on a daily basis, and escalating timeline issues appropriately
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of the stakeholders
- Builds effective teams and coordinates project team members to make sure that all parties are on track within project schedule, and escalates where issues are present
- Tracks project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meets budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks
- Submits project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality and gate approval standards
- Prepares status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation
- Obtains customer acceptance of project deliverables
- Facilitates change requests to ensure approval and alignment on the impacts of change on scope, schedule and budget
- Coordinates with third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Participates in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing needs of the Project Management Office
- Uses and continually develops leadership skills
- Coaches and mentors junior level project managers
- Participates in peer to peer reviews
- Attends conferences and training as required to maintain proficiencies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possesses knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Mastery level experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Ability to manage ambiguity effectively
- Contract negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at a C Suite level
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Ability to produce status updates and reports on a predefined basis
- Strong collaboration and inter-personal skills to ensure adequate, efficient and timely delivery of projects in a matrix team environment
- Maintain quality standards while working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Customer-focused mindset
- Expertise in conflict resolution
- Mastery experience with Project Management software tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
EDUCATION (Required and/or Preferred):
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or eight plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA Preferred
FIELD OF STUDY:
- Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field
- Minimum 8 years of Project Management experience
- Mastery level experience with both waterfall and agile project management methodologies
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES ( REQUIRED):
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Required
This role is not intended to be hired in Colorado.