Distribution Center Associate
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and nonwovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We currently have opportunities for 1st Shift Distribution Center Associates in our Advanced Materials and Structures business in Woodville, Wisconsin.
Under the supervision of the Distribution Center Supervisor, the Distribution Center Associate is responsible for efficiently and safely performing the operation of shipping and receiving including but not limited to assuring inventory and stored raw materials are wrapped, marked, transported, and logistically stored. When shipments are made, ithe Distribution Center Associate assure the goods shipped match what is ordered, staged and loaded for shipment. When shipments are received, it is the responsibility of the Distribution Center Associate to confirm goods received match what was ordered and to disposition the load as needed. It is the responsibility of this position to adhere to all shipping/receiving processes.
- Read and comply with all special instructions for handling
- Physically ship or receive material, determine proper quantities, order correctness, and determine PO
- If raw material, notify proper personnel for incoming inspection per established process
- For non-raw material items, receive and distribute to the proper department
- Ensure that paperwork is completed, shipping appointment is made and the product is shipped.
- For non-customer orders, prepare shipments, determine shipper, complete paperwork, and load shipment per established process.
- Check incoming and outgoing shipment integrity. Notify operations/DC Supervisor if any deficiencies exist and assist in resolution.
- Assure immediate transportation vehicles are cleaned and will not damage product.
Safety and Housekeeping
- Assure Warehouse and designated areas are cleaned and organized.
- Maintain an orderly and clean work area to promote a safe work environment.
- Completes necessary housekeeping duties in work area
- Complies with all OSHA/Company safety requirements.
- Knowledgeable of location of MSDS, First Aid Supplies, fire extinguishers, exits.
- Participates actively in workplace safety.
- Notifies supervisor of accidents, near misses, or unsafe working conditions.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of experience in distribution, production, or manufacturing environment preferred but not required
- Experience with forklifts, Vertical GI, and pallet jacks highly preferred; willing to train the right individual
- Good communication skills as well as analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Consistent reliable attendance
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]