Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
The Maintenance Electrician installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment by performing the following duties. Also plans and designs electrical installation of systems and provides direction or instruction to fellow team members accordingly on projects. Generates purchase order requisitions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as Maintenance Machine Repairer and Maintenance Tool Maker, to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
- Pushes buttons and presses keys on robot controller, teach pendant, and programmable controller to program automated machinery, such as robots, to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Employee must be willing to be placed in an on-call rotation to support plant operations.
- Employee must be willing to take phone calls to help resolve electrical issues.
Required Education & Skillsets:
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing software, Outlook, Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].