We are Mativ.
Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used for essential applications in the medical, filtration, transportation and more.
Our world-class team supplies advanced materials for leading brands of all sizes. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all our employees.
YOU are Essential.
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, pneumatic conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
What Mativ's Maintenance Mechanic Does
- Follow all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation, listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble and may start devices to test their performance.
- Observes and tests electrical devices including heaters, motors, starters, relays to correct machine operation and return it to production.
- Reads schematics and PLC code to understand machine operation and more effectively troubleshoot issues.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts and lubricates and cleans parts.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
Associates Degree from a college, university, or technical school; 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Multimeter skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions.
Ability to troubleshoot PLC ladder logic.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].