Conversion Operator - All Shifts - $500 Sign On Bonus!
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all of our employees. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com
In this role, you will contribute your individual skills and talents to help advance the team to meet their full potential. To continue growing your skillset and career, training will be available to you along with the opportunity to utilize what you’ve learned through various assignments.
Efficiently and safely perform the duties of conversion line machine operation including
identifying correct raw materials required, start up set up and running for production.
What you will do:
- Set up:
- Read and understand schedule, BOM,
- Be able to perform all functions of the set up including:
- Select proper raw materials (boxes, labels netting)
- Understand proper product characteristics required (length, width, etc.)
- Start up:
- With limited assistance from maintenance start the machine.
- Test initial product, length, bag alignment where applicable, etc
- Make necessary adjustments
- Verify product is in spec
- Run Production
- Package product in accordance with packaging instructions
- Store finished product per instructions
- Validate Process is in Control, adjust back twist,
- Label products with lot number, serial, product type or description.
- Adhere to Food Safety Regulations as applicable
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Forklift certified preferred
- Read & understand English (US Customary) measuring system
- Able to read ruler measurement to nearest ¼”
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Read and comprehend English
We offer great BENEFITS and PERKS to help jump start your career:
Paid Time Off
Quarterly Incentive Plan
Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Competitive biweekly pay with the opportunity to advance
Retirement Plan with company match options
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position. All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States permanently.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]