We currently have an exciting opportunity available on 1st Shift (Monday - Friday, 7am-3pm) and 2nd Shift (Monday - Friday, 3pm-11pm) for a Material Handler in our Protective Solutions business unit, to efficiently store and move materials and supplies for work-in-progress orders.
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible
- Supply all machines with bulk materials for converting orders in process. Review production orders and part numbers to insure placement of the proper materials and in the proper quantities.
- Repackage all unused materials to ensure their protection from dust and dirt as converting orders are completed at a work center. Mark all returned materials with the part number, material description, quantity remaining, and lot or roll numbers if applicable, place in proper storage area and consolidate with similar material.
- Evaluate orders completed at a workstation for the routing sequence. Move materials to holding area for additional processing, Quality approval, packaging table, shipping table, the staging area for shipment or placement in the receiving area for restocking.
- Advise appropriate Warehouse associate when placing completed orders in the staging area for shipment. (Shipping papers will be completed by the Shipping Department from the information contained on the converting order form and the pallet markings.)
- Maintain an orderly materials storage system in the converting area.
- May be requested to pull materials and process orders involving hand operations.
- Must be certified to operate electric powered or manual material handling equipment to place or move products or equipment to designated areas. Must perform duties without damaging products, materials, supplies, or plant facilities. Responsible for the control of material handling equipment. Responsible for the reporting of defective lift equipment and material or facilities damage to Warehouse Supervisor or appropriate associate.
- Log all material movement and accurately enter information on a timely basis in accordance with locator system procedures.
- Follow and comply with the rules and regulations of employment as listed in the Associate Handbook or as amended through memos or other methods of notification.
- May be called on to perform general housekeeping or any other tasks as requested by the Warehouse Supervisor or designated associate.
- Stand up Forklift operation required
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively
- Lift up to 75 lbs
- Carry up to 50 lbs
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]