CNC Programmer - 1st Shift
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We have an opening for a CNC Programmer at our El Cajon, CA location.
What you'll do:
The CNC Programmer is responsible for setting up, programming and testing CNC lathes and mills
- Read technical drawings and set up CNC lathes and/or mills in accordance with these blueprints
- Use MasterCam to model cutting paths and program machines accordingly
- Program multiple axis CNC lathes and mills
- Perform quality assurance tests to ensure products meet design specifications
- Adjust machine cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality
- Evaluate tools required to cut various plastics and metals and program machines accordingly
- Work with machinists/operators to troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise
- Setup/Run machines as needed for short and long runs
- Optimize existing programs to increase productivity and achieve continuous improvement
- Create detailed setup sheets/instructions as needed
- Other projects as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of experience using Mastercam to program CNC lathes and mills
- Mastercam certification a plus but not required
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee must: Be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds; Regularly required to use hands and stand for longs periods of time. Ability to listen and watch machine for malfunctions.
PPE: Employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment including safety shoes (steel toe or composite toe, safety glasses, protective gloves when performing certain tasks, hearing protection when required, and other personal protective equipment as required for certain tasks
Work environment: While performing this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise areas
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company matching
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]