Senior Maintenance Technician
Position Title: Senior Maintencance Technician
Job Family: Operations
Business Unit: Industrial
Classificaiton: non exempt
location: windsor, CT
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of mechanical and electronic manufacturing equipment. The individuals that hold this position are self-starters who can work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment both individually and alongside a team of Mechanical and Electrical Technicians.
- Maintaining a safe plant and work environment.
- A role model of safety and quality of work
- Training mechanics and operators
- Floor to ceiling maintenance, Facilities, production equipment and required grounds.
- Root cause analysis on mechanical and electrical break downs.
- Maintaining and improving corrective and preventative maintenance efficiencies
- Maintaining a clean work area and shop
- Assist with parts planning for corrective, preventative and project maintenance tasks
- Rotating on call and work overtime in accordance with company needs
- Delivery to schedule and quality objectives
- The ability to work with key stakeholders - their feedback will be the primary measure
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- High school or trade school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a factory maintenance environment
- Exceptionally skilled as a welder/fabricator, electrician, plumber, millwright, painter, maintenance machinist, and or mason
- Concentration in at least one of the following areas: welding, pipe fitting or basic electrical
- Ability to understand wiring diagrams and troubleshoot electrical circuits
- Expert mechanic with the ability to rebuild, repair and troubleshoot complex mechanical equipment
- Current, active driver’s license
- Operator controls and interfaces
- Instrument Calibration
- Mechanical aptitude to work with other Maintenance Personnel
Desirable Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of PLC software and ladder logic for troubleshooting and Operator Interfaces a plus
- Requires own tools, (electrical and mechanical)
- Exceptionally skilled as a welder/fabricator, electrician, plumber, millwright, maintenance machinist, and or mason
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hearing protection, safety glasses, goggles, or shields, cut gloves). This position requires the use of a respirator.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]