At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and nonwovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Technician at our New Berlin, WI location.
- Evaluate optical and mechanical quality of raw materials and make determination as to acceptability according to quality procedures and specifications. This will include films, adhesives and/or chemicals used in the coating process.
- Perform inspections, tests, and audits on incoming materials, in-process converting production, in-process coated production, and all finished goods per quality procedures and statistical process control methods as approved by the Quality Department.
- Verify required data to accurately complete daily scheduled certificates of compliance, material certifications, vendor certifications and certificates of analysis.
- Review and approve vendor certifications received, daily.
- Maintain vendor certification files as required by the quality procedure.
- Report test and inspection results to the Quality Manager and/or the Lead Quality Technician, and others as needed.
- Complete regularly scheduled reports and logs as designated, e.g., Receiving Inspection Record, Non-Conforming Material Reports, Control Charts, Quality Cards, Vendor Certification, and other data collection methods or assignments as indicated.
- Assist in entering and maintaining quality specifications and customer requirements for Coating and Distribution Divisions.
- Report status of non-conformance of quality specifications. Communicate non-conformance to Quality Manager and/or Lead Quality Technician immediately
- Maintain an ongoing familiarity with production techniques, methods, and test methods used to solve problems.
- Responsible for gauge calibrations assigned by the Quality Manager according to the monthly schedule.
- Responsible for keeping the Quality area clean; this includes the mopping of floors, dusting and wiping down of tables, desks, and racks. These things are to be completed on a weekly to monthly basis.
- Other duties as recommended by the Lead Quality Technician and assigned by the Quality Manager including but not limited to assisting with the investigation or processing of customer complaints, disposition of nonconforming material, internal auditing, or other reports and projects as assigned.
- 2 to 5 years related experience
- Ability to read and comprehend basic documents, such as quality cards, work orders, shipping documents, and vendor certifications
- Strong communications skills
- Knowledge of quality principles and capable of relating those principles to Tekra quality programs
- Proficient in the operation of lab equipment essential to evaluation of product quality levels
- Must have knowledge of testing methods
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]