Internship - R&D
Position Title: Internship - R&D
Job Family: R&D
BUSINESS UNIT: Industrial
location: Windsor, CT
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Mativ is actively looking for an innovative and hardworking individual to join our growing Developmental Lab Technician team. The Developmental Lab Technician will work closely with our research and development team and the applications chemist. Ideal candidates have the attitude, initiative, and excellent interpersonal skills to support Mativ’s collaborative, high-achievement culture.
- The principal responsibility is to prepare and test custom designed samples and developmental products in accordance with MOC innovation, customer and/or market requirements.
- Prepare standard and custom designed product samples, obtaining raw materials from inventory, i.e. wet adhesives, release liners, solvents, special adhesives, etc. Send samples of laboratory prepared potential new products to customers.
- Perform standard and specialized tests, i.e. testing for peel adhesion, adhesive shear strength, tack, etc on Scapa and competitive materials. Interprets test results and makes recommendations to supervisor.
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary (operations, quality assurance, purchasing, warehouse, etc)
- Train new lab personnel on lab procedures and test methods
- Responsible for set up and operation of various pieces of testing equipment
- The ideal applicant will have the confidence to work in a manufacturing environment, with internal clients who are dedicated professionals.
- High Scholl diploma - Associates Degree in Chemistry or related field preferred
- Proficient using MS Office
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Methodical, rigorous, persistent
- Literate, numerate.
- Highly organized, diligent, structured.
- Delivery to schedule and quality objectives.
- The ability to work with key stakeholders - their feedback will be the primary measure
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Office and lab environment. Typical work week is 40 hours. This position is based at the Windsor, CT Facility.
This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]