Customer Service Manager
At SWM, we are focused on helping our customers succeed- it’s our mission and our passion.
We are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve. Every day, our papers, films, and nets & nonwovens are used in a diverse range of applications and industries around the world.
We are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts.
Our employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the innovative solutions, manufacture the products and deliver the services that have SWM a global leader for decades.
Currently we have a need for a Customer Service Manager at our Minneapolis, MN location.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for developing a high level of service to improve customer satisfaction. The role includes the supervision of customer service representatives utilizing a hands-on approach to ensure consistent and effective delivery of customer service activities including responding to service inquiries, problem resolution, and retaining accounts.
- Accomplishes customer service human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying customer service trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets customer service financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting operational environments; conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information and applications.
- Responds in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer service concerns to reach an effective resolution. This may entail coordinating with and working through other departments, including sales, operations and accounting to resolve issues.
- Work jointly with various Scheduling and Shipping Departments to ensure customer’s needs are met.
- Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Maximizes customer operational performance by providing resources and technical advice; resolving problems; disseminating advisories, warnings, and new techniques; detecting and diagnosing network problems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Depending on department and/or global CS workload, customer service manager may have accounts assignment to maintain and service.
- Provides back-up support to the customer service center to respond to calls during staffing shortages, high volume activity or as needed.
- Coaches and develops team members in soft skills and account management skills including, but not limited to, probing, closing, supporting, mirroring, voice inflection, benefit/value statements, active listening, and call control techniques.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field and equivalent experience in delivering and managing Customer Service process with 3+ years supervisory or team lead experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and respond to customer requirements
- Knowledge of order processes
- Ability to understand product value proposition
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]