Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
What You’ll Do:
Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts and lubricates and cleans parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Basic diagnosis and repair of electrical equipment/systems
- This is a fast-paced environment with a 12-hour schedule.
- Use hand tools to make necessary repairs or modifications to equipment and components
- Inspects components to determine changes in dimensions using precision measuring devices
- Perform setup of equipment using precision measuring devices
- Complete all assigned tasks within a specified timeframe
- Complete all documentation required for repairs and preventative maintenance
- Test and diagnose issues with non-woven carding machines
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
5-8 years’ experience in non-woven carding maintenance
- Knowledge of non-woven carding equipment
- Bonding equipment (Ovens, Needle Loom)
- Opening equipment
- Material feed equipment
- Minimum 5 years of industrial maintenance
- Associates Degree from a college, university, or technical school; 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic Math, Reading, writing skills
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to interpret machine technical manuals
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance
- Experience with the proper use of a variety of hand tools and power tools
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Experience with precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers and dedicated check fixtures and other hand tools
- Ability to work independently
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company matching
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]