Machine Operator ***$1500 Hiring Bonus***
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com.
What You’ll Do:
Operators assist in producing and controlling the quality of non-woven (air filtration) products. Operators are also responsible for assisting with machine start up and shutdown, maintaining a clean and organized workspace, and other related tasks. Operators work as a team in a fast-paced environment on a fixed schedule (7am-7pm/day shift or 7pm-7am/night shift)
Skills & Experience:
- Production Experience is a plus
- Mechanical Aptitude, Basic Math, Reading and Writing skills are required
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance is required
- Ability to use a ruler or other measurement tools to ensure products meet customer expectations
- Ability to read and understand prints (part dimensions, fabrication, packaging)
- Experience with precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers and dedicated check fixtures and other hand tools is a plus.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred
- To qualify for employment at SWM, candidates will need to complete a pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen (post offer acceptance)
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee must: Be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds; Regularly required to use hands and stand for longs periods of time. Ability to listen and watch machine for malfunctions.
PPE: Employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment including safety shoes (steel toe or composite toe, safety glasses, protective gloves when performing certain tasks, hearing protection when required, and other personal protective equipment as required for certain tasks
Work environment: While performing this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise areas
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company matching
- Holiday Pay
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]