Manager, FP&A - Engineered Papers (EP)
We’re SWM. We’re Essential.
At SWM, we’ll never be okay with status quo. We are committed to raising standards, providing growth opportunities to our employees and giving our customers the answers, the value, and the edge they need to compete and win.
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and nonwovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We have an opportunity for a Manager, FP&A (EP) in our Shared Services business.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Provides SWM’s Engineered Paper’s (EP) FP&A team and management with timely and accurate financial information and analyses to facilitate sound business decisions. This role supports monthly reporting processes, as well as budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning cycles.
- FP&A Manager for the Advanced & Natural Fibers business unit (ANAF) providing support to the Vice President:
- Prepare and present monthly and other financial reviews.
- Provide regular analytical information and direct the fiscal calendar to the VP of ANAF and business managers.
- Analyze new business opportunities and existing business relationships, including pricing new business and maintaining prices on existing business.
- Special projects aimed at supporting improvements including identification of growth opportunities and cost savings (“business advisor”).
- Right hand of Engineered Paper’s Senior Director FP&A, supporting the Engineered Paper Division in: Forecasting and budgeting:
- Monthly analysis and reporting of results (telling the story).
- Price quotes, cost studies, special studies, and various ad hoc requests.
- Continuously improve the FP&A function, including working with upstream and downstream departments.
- Support the annual strategic planning process by creating / maintaining multi-year models and assisting in preparing presentations for SWM Senior Management/BOD.
- Support ongoing strategic projects (acquisition integration, ERP, etc)
- Provide additional duties as assigned.
- Expected travel <10%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance with 5+ years experience in an FP&A or Accounting role in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to “tell the story” rather than recite numbers.
- Experience with budgeting / forecasting process (ideally in an international organization).
- Strong accounting and consolidation experience
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Ability to collaborate across the organization to achieve results.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]