Sr Corporate Reporting Analyst
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Corporate Reporting Senior Analyst provides corporate and business unit management with timely and accurate financial information and analyses to facilitate sound business decisions. The position supports the consolidated close and external reporting processes including month end close, consolidation, management analysis, preparation of required SEC filings and other governmental reports, and ad hoc reporting. The position also supports external audit coordination, accounting policy development, technical accounting analysis and other strategic projects. The individual must be highly motivated, able to develop professional relationships with various business partners across all levels, as well as analyze and decipher finance and accounting data to accurately perform reporting obligations. This position reports to the Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting and serves as a business partner to the rest of the finance organization and business units.
- Provide accurate and timely consolidated financial statements and analyses on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare and analyze financial results which could include ad hoc reporting
- Assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly SEC filings and other external reporting processes, including compilation and maintenance of supporting documents for the financial statements and footnotes, preparation of Management Discussion and Analysis and Earning Release materials, and support for other governmental and external reporting.
- Prepare other monthly and quarterly internal business reporting, including assistance with debt covenant compliance, balance sheet and cash flow analytics, stock-based compensation, other debt and treasury schedules as needed.
- Support monitoring of rulemaking activity (FASB and SEC), evaluate the impact of changes and participate in implementation projects as required.
- Perform accounting research, document technical accounting positions, and provide guidance on complex accounting matters and corporate policies to assist business units globally in their reporting responsibilities.
- Maintain process documentation and policies to ensure accuracy, effectiveness and reliability of the established financial controls and US GAAP and statutory compliance
- Prepare or review journal entries and account reconciliations for certain complex corporate activities, as required.
- Serve as a functional Subject Matter Expert for corporate financial business systems and general usage including providing global support and training of consolidation process and related reporting and control processes.
- Drive continuous improvement and develop innovative solutions to further efforts toward optimized processes and internal controls.
- Support the collaboration with external/internal auditors to provide requests in a timely manner.
- Provide additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred, 5+ years of experience in a national or large regional public accounting firm and global corporate reporting environment.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting positions
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem solving capability
- Aptitude with large ERP systems, consolidation systems, processes and driving continuous improvement
- Reporting and consolidation systems experience; Workiva and OneStream or HFM preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, and deadlines
- Effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working across multiple levels, functions and international regions
- High-energy, self-motivated, team player
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]