Human Resources Business Partner
We have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner!
This is an outstanding opportunity for an HR leader who is passionate about working for a growing company. This position, located in our Dallas, TX site, provides both operational and strategic HR leadership and partners with leaders and HR team members to design and execute strategies for talent acquisition, talent and performance management, employee engagement and retention.
If you are interested in a fast-paced, challenging and agile environment, this position may be for you! Core responsibilities include:
- Business Partner: Managing all Human Resources functions and activities to ensure that Mativ (formerly SWM/Scapa Healthcare) recruits and retains a highly qualitied and engaged workforce; solve complex organizational challenges through people solutions. Catalyst in connecting the Mativ Human Resources agenda with the business strategy of the teams you support. You will accomplish this through a deep understanding of the business and thought leadership.
- HR Expert: Oversees the implementation, administration, and dissemination of information regarding all Human Resources functions including employment, labor relations, training, management development, employee programs, compensation, and benefits for exempt and non-exempt employees, ensuring compliance with state, federal, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Talent Acquisition: Designing and executing workforce planning and recruitment strategies that attract and retain the best talent in the industry. Leads all recruitment efforts at the site.
- Employee Relations: Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues; investigating employee grievances; conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations, taking the required actions to resolve problems and ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Compensation: Partnering with our Center of Excellence to ensure our compensation practices continue to attract and reward top talent. Overseeing salary administration to include annual performance management and compensation processes.
- Continuous Improvement: Analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to draw insights, develop solutions, programs and policies.
Here’s what’s required for the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Human Resources Business Partner in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience supporting hourly employees required.
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of employees and leaders as a trusted advisor and confidant.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Successful experience working in a matrix environment, supporting production and sales teams.
- Proven ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- HR Certification (PHR, SHRM-CP) or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment preferred.
- Ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
- Proven experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]