Process Engineering Manager
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
We have an opportunity for a Process Engineering Manager at our Middletown, Delaware facility.
The Process Engineering Manager manages a team of Process Engineers and Specialists, reports to the Plant Manager. This position is responsible for developing, testing, modifying, and creating solutions to technical problems in the plant. Responsible for the development and implementation of productivity projects to reduce costs and improve business profitability.
- Lead, coach, engage, empower and motivate Process Engineering team to prioritize and deliver on site goals and objectives.
- Lead process engineering support of the scale-up of new product(s) and in the improvement of existing product(s).
- Manage process engineering projects and activities assigned to site team members, from initiation to closure, through all stages of the business process. Be accountable for assigned project deliverables, including product quality and schedule integrity.
- Manage ERP database as it relates to all Bill Of Material (BOM) labor/material standards, operating procedures, and product extension specifications.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to various levels of site business unit and divisional management.
- Research and identify root cause on customer complaints. Work with team to develop and implement corrective action plan and implementation.
- Apply statistical thinking and methods to understand process variability and capability and drive improvements.
- Partner with operations to ensure seamless and successful achievement of daily production goals, process robustness, stability and optimization of equipment and resources.
- Partner cross functionally to diagnose production issues, optimize equipment, tooling, and layouts to meet manufacturing, company, and customer needs.
- Develop and implement procedures, work instructions and continuous improvement planning to support plant.
- Collect and summarize performance data for the purpose of identifying opportunities for improvements related to technical processes, working methods and work processes.
- Coordinates activities of department with other department leaders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BS Engineering, 5 to 10 years of related experience in manufacturing / project management experience focused on continuous improvement. Experience in a 24/7 continuous environment preferred.
- Must be flexible in work hours. Will be on-call for troubleshooting and support for 24/7 manufacturing operation.
- Agent of change: Identify, initiate, execute, control, and audit
- Work with quantitative analysis and models for decision-making and problem solving
- Able to conduct research, prepare comprehensive reports and present complex statistical information in a clear and succinct fashion
- Can demonstrate process trouble-shooting ability
- Can evaluate multiple variables to arrive at the optimum solution
- Experienced with six sigma and lean manufacturing (Green or Black Belt preferred) and Project Management
- Competency in objective setting, and providing appropriate situational leadership to execute these strategies
- Statistical Analysis, Polymer Processing, Production Scale Extrusion
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]