Global Director, Industry 4.0/Automation
Position Title: Director, Industry 4.0 & Automation, Global Operations
location: Remote, United States
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
The Director I4.0 & Automation will oversee development & execution of Global operational I4.0 & automation strategy. Will liaison between operating site leadership, local, & corporate IT & engineering team with purpose to transforming Mativ operations globally with latest technology, innovations, data analytics, visualization & automation capabilities to support achieving operational performance targets, growth strategies & objectives. The Director is accountable to propagate a data-driven mindset, while building platforms with standard applications & innovations to leverage across overall Mativ global facilities. This position will be based in the United States.
• Alignment with BU strategy & leadership team as transformational imperative
• Develop & lead cross functional teams in developing multi-year strategy, deployment roadmap, & execution for digital transformation and automation.
• Strategic “Thought leadership” for data-driven analytics, visualization, and process optimization/automation & well linked externally with best available technologies & processes
• Support Quality & Continuous improvement functional teams in building quality right the first time, waste elimination, and overall value creation.
• Develop a keen process understanding of manufacturing processes for OEE optimization, process variation for product quality, and overall labor productivity improvements
• Share knowledge and learning; proactively identify opportunities to share and reuse tools and knowledge between individuals and facilities.
• Drive impactful process and design improvements through the process of opportunity investigation, hypothesis testing, effect confirmation, and work standardization.
• Demonstrated project management skills to propose, plan, coordinate, execute and control projects
• Lead in the application of predictive modeling and data mining tools to solve problems.
• Management of change through active coaching leaders to shop floor personnel in utilizing tools as part of daily work & problem solving.
• Periodically, prepare and present case studies showing data-driven process improvement.
• Travel up to 40% domestic and international travel
• Additional duties as assigned
- BS in Engineering
- 10-15 years of applicable manufacturing experience is required.
• Knowledge and background with IT infrastructure, PLC, & software.
• Demonstrated leadership with strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and ability to successfully collaborate and work with cross functional, inter-continental teams.
• Knowledge and experience working across a defined value stream in support to deliver Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost/Value creation targets
• Demonstrated skills managing cross functional teams remotely.
• Deep knowledge in at least two manufacturing process categories where the individual has applied at least 5 years of work dedicated to process improvement and optimization using real-time process measurement, process optimization studies, automation, and advanced analytics in an Industry 4.0 setting.
• Experienced applying multi-relational database structures to enable data visualization & advanced analytics tools such as Things Worx, Power BI, RapidMiner, Braincube, DataParc, Tableau, Grefana, or Qlik Sense.
• Skilled in applying statistical process control (SPC) & Design of Experiment principles to production processes
• Skilled describing complex concepts graphically
• Intermediate/Advanced Excel knowledge (Vlookups, Macros, Pivot Tables)
• Lean Six Sigma experience
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]