Cost Analyst / Estimator
We’re SWM. We’re Essential.
At SWM, we’ll never be okay with status quo. We are committed to raising standards, providing growth opportunities to our employees and giving our customers the answers, the value, and the edge they need to compete and win.
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and nonwovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We have an opportunity for a Cost Analyst / Estimator in our Advanced Materials and Structures business....basically someone great with math!
This role will interact with Market Development Managers, Procurement, Sales, Customer Service, R&D and Shipping in addition to other departments including Finance, Manufacturing and Quality. The Estimator will assist in the overall estimating of labor, material and lead time requirements to prepare and determine costs for customer purchase orders or requests for pricing.
- Identify and review labor, material, and lead time requirements to prepare and determine costs for customer purchase orders or requests for pricing.
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, scheduling work, preparing quotes and determining cost effectiveness.
- Work with Marketing and R&D to compute costs and estimates for new product launches
- Consult with Marketing and/or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data on a regular basis.
- Maintain technical knowledge of legacy brand (Tekra) products, as well as processes throughout the different operations departments.
- Assist in customer notification of price increases and product instructions with sales & marketing.
- Create part numbers. Accurately build customer specifications through correct material and converting operations.
- Meet established service level expectations for quotation turn around times and accuracy.
- Work with freight carriers to determine and create freight quotes for customers.
- Assist in report building and running for sales and quote success tracking
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in similar role.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic documents such as: safety rules, associate handbooks, work orders and specified guidelines
- Ability to write and understand business correspondences and reports
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) to effectively communicate with internal teams and external customers
- Basic math skills required
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must have the ability to operate a variety of standard office machines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Exhibit excellent organization, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to demonstrate decision making abilities based on appropriate data by use of sound judgement
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]