Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Reporting to the Vice President of Total Rewards and HR Services, the Compensation Leader will oversee the design, management, evolution, and ongoing optimization of existing and new global compensation strategies and programs. These areas will include executive, salaried, hourly, sales incentive, short term incentive and equity based long term compensation.
In this role, you will ensure that Mativ’ s compensation programs are competitive, cost-effective and aligned with the company’s overall business objectives. You will need to combine your strategic and tactical hands-on experience to provide vision, direction, and administration of the Compensation function for the company.
As Compensation Leader, you will be accountable for leading and supporting the compensation function with a focus on continuous improvement, supporting the build out of the global compensation framework and ensuring our pay structure and practices are fair, equitable and compliant.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all systems and processes associated with compensation are designed appropriately and that compensation processes within our systems and the organization operate smoothly. Identifying and eliminating inefficiencies that will improve the internal operations are a key deliverable. You will also play a vital role in the consulting, communication, and education of all compensation practices.
- Be a subject matter expert on all compensation matters, including job leveling, market analysis & benchmarking, survey participation, pay equality, policies, and compliance.
- Drive a global compensation survey strategy and approach that delivers consistent market pricing while being region/country relevant.
- Provide compensation subject matter expertise in enterprise initiatives, including M&A, organizational changes, cost reductions, new business expansion, etc.
- Collaborate with Business Unit leaders to design competitive sales incentive plans.
- Oversee all material preparation for Compensation Committee meetings
- Serve as a trusted consultant to business leaders on broad compensation topics.
- Consult with and train management and HR team colleagues on employee compensation matters.
- Lead all annual merit, short term incentive and equity annual cycle processes, including budget, communication, training, systems, and administration.
- Ensure compensation guidelines are aligned to pay philosophy through continuous assessment against the market.
- Identify compensation related gaps on pay legislation and work with legal on developing solutions.
- Supervise equity plan administration and manage relationship with Morgan Stanley.
- Work collaboratively with management and HRBP’s on compensation challenges like retention, creatively resolving/providing solutions, including off-cycle adjustments, spot bonuses, departmental comp reviews/realignment, special equity etc. while maintaining fair and equitable compensation globally.
- Partner with FP&A and Accounting on annual budgets and ongoing accounting for merit, incentive, and equity.
- Monitor and analyze existing compensation programs and recommend changes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory changes affecting compensation plans, including Sarbanes Oxley.
- Optimize and advance compensation program administration through automation and data management internally and with third party vendors.
- Partner with Recruiting and HRBPs and other stakeholders to develop and deliver compensation training and guidance in order to attract, recruit & retain talent and provide them with the knowledge to consult with their leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in human resource management, business, compensation or related field, from a four-year college or university, required
- Relevant Experience:
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in compensation management, including significant experience in managing compensation processes, executive compensation, and sales incentive.
- Knowledge of all federal, state, and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation
- Proven ability in leading and influencing key senior stakeholders
- Strong managerial focus with a demonstrated ability to coach and develop talent within the team.
- HRIS + comp system background in large scale HCMs like SuccessFactors or WorkDay.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience with M&A preferred
Knowledge, skills, and competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Motivated - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Functional expertise - subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Clear communicator - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding with all levels of the organization.
- Continuous improvement mentality - analyzes, translates, determines root causes, develops action plans, and implements plan of action as necessary in a lean/decentralized/complex/fast paced matrixed environment
- Analytical - analyzes data, interpret trends, develops recommendations, and communicates comp data to various audiences
- Financial acumen – understands and interprets financial data
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]