Day Shift Production Supervisor - $1500 SIGN-ON!
***$1500 SIGN ON BONUS***
At SWM, we are focused on helping our customers succeed- it’s our mission and our passion.
We are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve. Every day, our papers, films, and nets & nonwovens are used in a diverse range of applications and industries around the world.
We are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts.
Our employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the innovative solutions, manufacture the products and deliver the services that have SWM a global leader for decades.
Currently we have a need for a Production Supervisor at our Wilson, NC location.
The Production Supervisor is the first line of management in the manufacturing locations. They directly supervise an assigned area and are responsible for ensuring a safe work environment, leading crews to produce product that meets standards for quality and productivity and effectively managing the workforce.
- Accomplishes results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Is a champion of the company safety and employee engagement programs, and maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree preferred and 5+ year’s related experience; OR combination of education and experience. Extrusion or plastics experience a plus.
- Must have experience in continuous improvement practices and analysis
- Six Sigma / Lean training and knowledge a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of successful team building and management
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee must: Be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds; Regularly required to use hands and stand for longs periods of time. Ability to listen and watch machine for malfunctions.
PPE: Employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment including safety shoes (steel toe or composite toe, safety glasses, protective gloves when performing certain tasks, hearing protection when required, and other personal protective equipment as required for certain tasks
Work environment: While performing this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise areas
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company matching
- Holiday Pay
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]