Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Quality Manager is a key member of the plant management staff responsible for assuring that product quality meets specified requirements. The Quality Manager has defined authority and responsibility for the final disposition of product which complies with both internal and customer specifications. Additionally, the Quality Manager is responsible for developing and enforcing, production validation methods, final product testing processes, providing certification documentation and managing the quality staff within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Achieve quality operational objectives by contributing quality information and analysis for strategic plans and business reviews; preparing and completing corrective action plans; implementing and enforcing quality and specification standards; identifying and resolving quality problems; completing audits; identifying continuous improvements opportunities.
- Develop, implement, communicate, and maintain Quality Plan to bring the site’s Quality System and supporting documentations into compliance with Quality Management System requirements.
- Responsible for and management of the Site’s 3rd Party Registrations, serving as the site’s Management Representative for ISO 9001.
- Lead the Quality Management Review process: Preparing and documenting Quality Management Reviews, highlighting areas of risk and deficiency in relation to the operation of the Quality System, and completing agreed actions to reduce these risks
- Driving YOY CI projects to help reduce customer complaints and scrap; improve yields; improve process capability.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing internal quality audits; investigating and implementing the required actions to address customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product designs, and quality training methods.
- Work with Marketing/Sales, Engineering, and R&D to ensure understanding of customer’s needs (voc) and ensure that procedures exist and are followed to conform to such requirements.
- Control and disposition of non-conforming material (quarantine) in a timely way. Presenting data to support Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR) initiation and working with Procurement / Supply Chain team to ensure improvements are made to avoid repeating issues.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including product conformance, quality reject reasons and process capability studies.
- Assure compliance with all requirements to all applicable Mativ regulatory and certifications related to product quality and management systems.
- Participate as a team member of a global quality organization to share, develop and implement best practices in a systematic and scalable manner.
- Responsible for managing customer complaints and NCR process including timely acknowledgement and root cause analysis and corrective actions implemented.
- Responsible for setting goals & objectives for direct report, annual assessments, manage team workload.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or another technical field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing quality leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both quality assurance and control team members in an operational environment
- Highly motivated and self-directed to enable success in working in a matrix reporting environment
- Strong problem solving, quantitative, analytical skills. Six Sigma Green Belt a plus.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Strong skills in various applications including Minitab, Microsoft, and ERP systems
- Strong leadership skills, including change management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and training skills
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]