We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a 3rd shift Maintenance Technician at our New Berlin facility.
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Why You Should Apply:
Not only will you have a job you can be proud of and develop at, but you will also take part in manufacturing products that will impact millions of people around the globe.
Not sold yet? Mativ offers great perks and benefits to make the opportunity even sweeter:
- Competitive pay so you can enjoy life outside of work
- A variety of Health benefit packages to fit your needs (without breaking the bank), Dental insurance, and Vision insurance (free to you) available to you as of your first day of employment
- Generous 401(k) match
- 8 paid holidays plus 2 paid floating holidays
- Paid Time Off (and lots of it!)
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Variety of bonus opportunities
- … and so much more that we’d love to tell you about after you apply!
What You’ll Do:
You will be responsible for the safe and effective maintenance of the plant machinery in accordance with the requirements of the production schedule. Responsible for the preventative maintenance and installation of equipment. This position requires weekend on-call availability once every 4 weeks that is paid.
- Communicate to leadership any issues that arise through the functions of maintenance technician using the lock out tag out process as needed
- Make use of all PPE and ensures compliance with all safety rules and regulations
- Responsible for maintaining a clean production area and workshop
- Responds with a sense of urgency to problems within the plant
- Communicates needs or concerns of equipment breakdowns in a timely manner
- Rebuild equipment and assemble as needed
- Modifies existing equipment as needed
- Complete required preventative maintenance in a timely manner
- Communicate any problems or concerns that arise within the scope of completing PM’s of equipment to the appropriate individuals
- Other duties as assigned
Education/Certifications/Experience We Prefer:
- Experience with Big Foot CMM a plus
- Experience with electrical, welding and fabricating
- Open to HVAC certified, Journeymen, new Maintenance Program grads
Skills We Require:
- Forklift certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs unassisted and 100lbs with assistance
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work independently on 3rd shift
- Ability to read and comprehend basic documents
- Ability to write and interpret shift correspondences/memorandums
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide to calculate measurements
- Mechanical aptitude and skills
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or other protected status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].