ERP Software Engineer
We’re SWM. We’re Essential.
At SWM, we’ll never be okay with status quo. We are committed to raising standards, providing growth opportunities to our employees and giving our customers the answers, the value, and the edge they need to compete and win.
We have an exciting opportunity for a ERP Software Engineer. (Remote)
Summary of Responsibilities:
We are looking for a talented ERP Software Engineer with a strong background in working with the ERP tech stack, to join our friendly team in Middletown, reporting to the Applications Development Manager. This individual will take responsibility to support and drive new project applications, integrations and support existing solutions to enable and support day to day business primarily related to our ERP systems; ERP LN and Syteline. The Software Engineer will also work closely with the business to collect new requirements and analyze them and document the functional and technical specifications. The individual will carry out the development in compliance with the standards and methods of the company.
- Assisting in developing architectural design and functional specifications by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Support and maintain existing customizations, applications and integrations by collecting, analyzing, and correcting issues as reported by the business.
- Developing and maintaining applications by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
- Develop customizations, enhancements and integrations within the ERP system by utilizing Infor solutions such as ION, ION API, 4GL and Mongoose.
- Assisting in agile software development management activities to respond to the unpredictability through iterative sprints.
- Performing unit testing and functional testing. Fixing the issues occurred during testing process.
- Assisting in business User Acceptance testing for fixes or major rollouts.
- Assisting user and operating areas in implementing and supporting systems including system installation, training and troubleshooting.
- Providing technical advice and support to users. This includes creating ad-hoc reports, data analysis and correction, training and problem solving.
- Developing code documents and user documents.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintaining and enforce proper SOX compliance documentation, procedures, and segregation of duties.
- Be result oriented and adhere to project deadlines and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience and/or field of study with minimum of 2 years of IT experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in ERP environment development
- Infor ERP LN or Syteline
- Crystal Reports
- Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Proficient in writing complex SQL
- Experience in systems design, programming and/or systems software support.
- Ability to recognize and resolve system related problems.
- Self-motivated and ability to learn new technical skills with minimal training
- Communicate technical and complex information both orally and in writing.
- Familiarity and knowledge of applications development and design best practices.
- Web development experience utilizing the Microsoft tech stack experience a plus:
- Backend C#.Net
- Net Framework (4.5 +), ASP.Net (Razor)
- Net Core, .Net Standard, .Net5+
- Windows Services, Web APIs (REST)
- Backend C#.Net
- Entity Framework 6, Entity Framework Core, LINQ
- Infrastructure : IIS, Azure Devops, Azure cloud
- Usage of Git
- SQL databases (MS SQL Server)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]