Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Cost Accountant plans, organizes, directs, and controls the inventory and accounting and control function for the assigned plant, reports operational results, and leads the budgeting process and financial analysis reporting for the plant.
- Leads all cost accounting activities for the assigned plant with responsibility for maintaining accurate books and records and strong internal control processes.
- Owns standard cost calculations for the plant, while working with plant personnel to ensure proper bill of material maintenance and routings.
- Aids in the preparation of monthly and periodic financial analysis including variance analyses, and monthly management reporting.
- Improves plant’s financial status by analyzing results versus forecasts; identifying trends; recommending profitable actions.
- Performs certain month end closing processes, primarily related to the plant’s inventories and cost.
- Assists with general accounting duties for the business unit accounting team including certain balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany entries, monthly financial reporting and other journal entries as needed.
- Assists with the annual budget process and forecasts for the plant.
- Provide regular analytical information and schedules to plant management and other functional departments.
- Assists with preparation of monthly detailed Inventory Reserve for Inventory reporting and works with Plant Leadership to ensure the accuracy of reported inventories.
- Prepares cost/projection analysis of new business opportunities and existing business relationships, including pricing new business and maintaining prices on existing business.
- Takes a lead role with working with the plant’s operations leadership to plan, execute and record inventory counts and controls.
- Works with IT to provide accurate and timely systems business data.
- Performs special projects aimed at supporting various Operational Excellence initiatives, controlling expenses, increasing profits, improving cash flow and improving efficiencies at the plant.
- Travel up to 10% domestic.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 2-5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2+ years of cost accounting work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Inventory experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail, with experience in budget preparation and variance analysis
- Pro active, self starter with the ability to manage and prioritize workload
- Advanced MS Office Skills; Advanced EXCEL user, Pivot table, VLOOKUP, etc.
- Experience with large ERP systems
- Pro-active, self starter with the ability to prioritize job tasks and manage workload
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously without direct onsite supervision (as direct manager may be at another location)
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]