Process Engineer Co-op (Fall 2024)
Position Title: PROCESS ENGINEER CO-OP (FALL)
location: whiting mill
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
We are actively pursuing a student with Chemical Engineering or Paper Science background to complete an 8-month Co-Op program at the Whiting Mill in Stevens Point, WI starting in May 2024. The Co-Op will provide exposure to many aspects of operations including a multi-functional team setting, real time production, process experience and project work with specific deliverables and exposure to the mill leadership team. Interns will participate in mills and production line operations to learn technical properties and quality issues of paper or paper-based materials.
Ideal candidates will possess high initiative and drive, with a curiosity to perpetually learn and improve our business. Key requirements include the ability to analyze information to find opportunities, effectively communicate, and work collaboratively in a team setting. Rate of pay ranges from $20/hour to $25/hour depending upon experience.
- Work with Technical and Operations team on process efficiency improvements, cost savings and/or technology advancement.
- Attending meetings with leadership team, reporting out and assigned tasks from meeting.
- Work with engineers and identify paper defects.
- Participate in new customer trials.
- Work with leadership to modify or create standard operating procedures.
- Project work as assigned by mill management.
- Individual must be currently enrolled and working toward a degree with a concentration in Paper Science, Chemistry or Engineering discipline.
- Student will need to have completed a minimum of 1-full years of course work with preference for individuals who have completed 2-full years.
- Preference is a minimum 3.0 GPA in your academic field of study.
- Must have solid Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel.
- Ideal candidates will possess high initiative and drive, with a curiosity to perpetually learn and improve our business.
- Key requirements include the ability to analyze information to find opportunities, effectively synthesize and communicate findings, and work collaboratively in a team setting.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].