IT Project Manager
SWM: Finding Ways to Improve Everyday Life
As a leading global performance materials company, SWM is focused on bringing best-in-class innovation, design, and manufacturing solutions to our customers.
SWM and our subsidiaries manufacture on four continents, conduct business in over 90 countries, and employ approximately 5,000 people worldwide.
We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Project Manager in our Alpharetta, GA office, which offers a hybrid work option.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, PMO, this individual will lead and oversee end to end management of projects for the IT Department and enterprise. The successful candidate works effectively across multiple business units and/or locations to meet business needs and objectives, ensuring that projects are delivered on schedule, within budget, and with high quality in collaboration across the organization.
- Develop detailed project plan schedules with identified task dependencies and critical paths
- Identify, estimate, plan, and document the resources required to achieve the project objectives and deliverables
- Ensure coordination of activity, driving of progress, and tracking status against project plans, timelines, and changing priorities from initiation through closeout
- Adhere to the SWM PMO and Project Management standard methodology, tools, and process
- Evaluate change requests and manage the associated changes to project scope, time, and cost
- Coordinate directly and indirectly with project staff to ensure successful completion of projects, including directing, supervising, supporting, and coordinating the project team members
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel and ensure accountability for task completion
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion and continually manage those expectations
- Define the project scope, success criteria, objectives, and deliverables that are aligned with business strategy and objectives
- Report project status on a regular basis and assist in preparation of steering committee presentations as required
- Identify and manage project risks and track/manage resolution of project issues
- Balance and manage the project constraints of scope, cost, time, resources, risk, and quality.
- Effectively engage all stakeholders to drive the delivery of successful projects
- Manage key stakeholder expectations, concerns, and needs throughout the project
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Lead post implementation reviews
- Manage and coordinate stakeholder engagement, relationships, and communication across the ERP project on a timely basis
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 35%
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college preferably in Computer Science, MIS or Business Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification preferred
- Business Management with 10+ years of experience in Information Technology and at least 3 years of experience in project management
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Project, SharePoint, Visio, and Smartsheet software
- Deep understanding and experience of project and risk management in industrial environments
- High level end to end project management experience in complex environments
- Proven experience managing large, complex, and higher risk IT projects.
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, active listening, and presentation)
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent cross functional leadership skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and influence skills
- Strong negotiation expertise
- Strong time management and analytical problem-solving skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Expert problem-solving skills
- Experience in influencing, developing, and leading a project team
- Experience with business Change Management techniques
- Strong stakeholder engagement, relationship management, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and motivating global teams within multiple disciplines
- Highly motivated individual performing at a high level in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong presentation skills at all levels of the organization, experience in delivering to executive teams
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]