Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting
The Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting is a highly visible role that provides technical accounting and finance expertise to all levels of corporate and business unit management. Responsible for leading technical accounting projects and consultations including support to strategic initiatives, external reporting and compliance with US GAAP, and development and maintenance of global accounting and control policies along with related compliance. The role proactively identifies and manages implementation of reporting and compliance process optimization opportunities. The position develops a high performing team to meet the needs of the business and serves as a key liaison with the external auditors.
This is an exciting opportunity to utilize financial talent in a challenging, rewarding, and creative environment.
- Manage corporate and business unit related complex technical accounting matters and related processes including research and documentation of conclusions in accordance with company policies; provide support in connection with:
- implementation of changes in accounting policies and procedures, including new standard adoptions,
- business development activities including due diligence, mergers and acquisitions and commercial agreements,
- assist with coordination, review and analysis of valuations prepared by external consultants related to business combinations,
- support other areas of the organization to successfully implement accounting processes and procedures related to business combinations,
- consultation and support in other complex areas including derivatives, share based compensation, EPS calculations, impairment analysis, restructuring activities, other equity, tax and treasury initiatives and matters.
- Manage the SEC and other external periodic reporting and filing processes (Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, etc.) including:
- lead drafting of all filings, including MD&A, Risk Factors, Critical Accounting Policies, financial statements & footnotes,
- lead internal Disclosure Committee and other reviews; key contributor to Audit Committee materials,
- assist with preparation and review of proxy statement(s) and other SEC filings and investor materials as required,
- coordination of external audit and key liaison with auditors.
- Ensure the accounting for financial results is in accordance with US GAAP, corporate policies and all applicable rules, regulations, and laws in reporting financial information to stockholders and other interested parties.
- Develop, coach and mentor team to build their professional growth and maximize potential.
- Communicate effectively with all levels within the organization from staff, operations and other capabilities to executive leadership including the CEO, CFO, CAO, Audit Committee, and other senior leaders.
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess, initiate, and drive continuous improvement in areas involving complex accounting topics, policies, and processes.
- Oversight of global accounting policy framework including development and documentation of updates and new accounting policies as required.
- Partner with CAO and Internal Audit to help ensure financial and control policies and practices are uniform, effective, and consistent throughout company.
- Provide training on policies and accounting guidance as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a CPA and a minimum of 12+ years’ experience in a national or large regional public accounting firm and global corporate reporting environment.
- Strong technical accounting background and knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, as well as experience with technical research and preparation of accounting position papers.
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting positions to finance and non-finance personnel.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, and deadlines.
- Effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- M&A and purchase accounting experience
- International business experience
- Consolidation systems experience: OneStream preferred
- Manufacturing accounting experience preferred
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]