Corporate Tax Accountant
We’re SWM. We’re Essential.
At SWM, we’ll never be okay with status quo. We are committed to raising standards, providing growth opportunities to our employees and giving our customers the answers, the value, and the edge they need to compete and win.
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and nonwovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We have an opportunity for a Corporate Tax Accountant in our Shared Services business unit.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position will focus on corporate indirect and income tax reporting, compliance and accounting for both US and Non-US subsidiaries and will interface with key tax department personnel, the accounting and finance departments, business unit controllers, and other divisional personnel. It will support governmental and financial statement audits, tax projects and reporting requirements.
- Supports the interface between the corporate tax department and its subsidiaries related to all tax matters.
- Preparation and review of tax and accounting data reporting and compliance requirements and coordination with various accounting teams to support all deliverable expectations.
- Preparation and review of the indirect tax compliance requirements.
- Support the preparation of the consolidated US tax return compliance and, quarterly estimated tax and extension payments.
- Preparation of tax and certain subsidiary treasury and intercompany reconciliations.
- Coordinate, document and draft responses to governmental notices and audit requests.
- Maintain certain corporate and tax accounting SOX controls by reviewing and recommending modifications and updates.
- Prepare and update certain process and procedure documentation as necessary.
- Assist with support of multi-functional projects in the areas of legal entity management, strategy, cash management, mergers and acquisitions and due diligence.
- Support the monitoring of tax legislative changes and perform research and documentation necessary for transactional, income and indirect tax matters.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Dedication to continuous improvement including a focus on the most efficient and automated processes and applications.
- Assist with projects involving outside tax consultants on corporate tax compliance and reporting matters.
- Up to 10% of domestic or international travel as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting.
- 1 – 3 years of related experience in accounting firm or large multi-site corporate finance department including internship experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including working with a diverse team across different levels, locations and departments.
- Strong professional integrity.
- Corporate accounting / general ledger experience.
- Solid computer skills including experience with financial accounting systems required.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local tax laws and compliance administration.
- Understanding of US GAAP/ASC 740, Sales & Use tax, tax software applications is helpful.
- Solid organizational skills, self-motivated and able to work independently to meet internal deadlines.
- Proactive and passionate about learning.
- Hands-on individual with ability to demonstrate data analytics, information technology and qualitative technical skills.
- Bi-lingual in any of the following languages (Chinese, French, Polish, Luxembourgish, Dutch, Portuguese or Flemish) is a plus.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]