Manufacturing Machine Operator - Night Shift
SWM is Essential.
Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other global markets.
Now more than ever, with our world-class team, we supply advanced materials for leading brands of all sizes. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all our employees.
YOU are essential.
In this role, you are responsible for the safe and efficient operation on machine lines including set up, start up and effective use of line equipment, including auxiliary equipment, tooling changes, monitoring and testing, and production reporting.
The shift hours are 7:45pm until 8:00am (night shift), but you will train during day hours for first few weeks.
- Read and understand schedule, BOM, SOC.
- Be able to perform all functions of the set up including:
- Select proper tooling
- Install Tooling
- Insure correct resin
- Position all controls to SOC.
- Activate Extruder and miscellaneous drives
- Test initial product
- Make necessary adjustments
- Verify product is in spec
- Package product in accordance with packaging instructions
- Troubleshoot the process
- Perform QC test per SOC
- Store finished product per instructions
- Validate Process is in Control
- Correctly Enters Data in Data Collection
- Identify Tooling damage and wear.
- Clean and return to stock all used tooling
- Pinch Points Identification
- Hazard Material Communication
- Accident Reporting Procedure
- Water Hazards
- E-Stops Identification/awareness
- Completes necessary housekeeping duties in work area at all times
- Complies with all OSHA/Company safety requirements.
- Knowledgeable of location of MSDS, First Aid Supplies, fire extinguishers, exits.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Forklift qualified
- Understand the Data Collection System
- Mechanical Background
- Understands both Metric and English measuring systems and can convert between the two
- Proficient in the use of calipers, micrometers, rulers
- Basic computer skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Read and comprehend English
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]