Night Shift Production Supervisor
ROLE TITLE – Production Supervisor
JOB FAMILY – Production
BUSINESS UNIT –Healthcare
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Production Supervisor is directly responsible for overseeing and organizing the equipment, staff, and processes in the Clean Room and other production departments to meet production schedules that support the site goals. The role enforces company policies and guidelines, hires, trains employees, and assists in offering personal growth opportunities. Will resolve issues and disputes between production employees. Production Supervisor will evaluate the condition of production equipment and maintain a clean and safe working environment. All activity needs to focus on cost-saving strategies and improving operational performance. Reports directly to Production Manager.
- Assume full responsibility for all manufacturing activity and the resulting performance during your shift/department.
- Oversee day-to-day operation and manage a team of 20+ permanent/temporary employees.
- Hire, terminate, and promote, employees with direction of HR.
- Monitor team performance, prepare and conduct performance reviews.
- Resolve shift conflicts in a timely and professional manner; communicate as required with the Production Manager and HR establishing permanent company focused resolution.
- Enforce company policy. When required, document and provide disciplinary action to employees.
- Set clear team goals. Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching
- Discover training needs on team members.
- Approve timecards
- Create and plan team schedules
- Work with team to determine root cause and corrective action to internal and external customer complaints.
- Interface with the EHS and Production Manager in safety programs or employee safety related matters.
- Understand sources of scrap and work within each department/team to minimize.
- Generate and issue production performance reports using Epicor data in a daily basis. Able to explain reasons for both good and bad performance.
- Audit production processes including change over and line set-up during the shift.
- Provides analytical support to standardize manufacturing operations.
- Analyze and correct production variances and work with team to address causes.
- Accurately maintain all relevant measures, logs, and documentation for the production team.
- Work with cross-functional teams on development or improvement of SOP, test specification, and manufacturing projects assigned.
- Lead and participate in all continuous improvement activities including 5S.
- Utilize IQS system to confirm documentation and initiate changes of documents through the system as necessary.
- Assure good housekeeping practices.
- Assure all personnel conform to safety procedures. Able to secure/lock facility at the end of the shift when applicable.
- Assure a clear transfer of information between shifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Able to speak, write and read English. MUST BE Bilingual in Spanish.
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or similar field, if not, it is required proven experience as Production Supervisor or similar role, being in charge of 20+ employees
- Experience on hiring and terminating employees
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Effective planning
- Ability to act quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with good organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to take ownership
- Experience in employee development.
- Self-motivated to work effectively in a team and promote a positive attitude
- Requires covering and/or interchanging between day and night shift (including but not limited to: cover for leaves of absence, vacation, position vacancy, etc.)
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, electronics and other light industrial equipment. Also will perform tasks inside cleanroom and must follow cleanroom work instructions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. When required, PPE is provided by employer: Toe protection, safety glasses, hearing protection & specialized lifting equipment
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Employee must frequently push or pull material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and or material carts carrying loads in excess of 1,200 pounds.
This job description has been approved by:
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Date Documented Created:
Form Created 06/28/20221
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].