- Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Prepare root cause analysis for customer claims or quality defects
- Collect, record, and transcribe data.
- Show results in reports.
- Maintain testing equipment and calibration.
- Support item creation in the ERP system
- Maintain QIS database and documentation system for standard work
- Ensures accurate data is entered and managed in databases.
- Perform raw material testing.
- Supports the operation by providing equipment training to operations employees to ensure safe, efficient and standardized operation.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Provide suggestions during incident investigations.
- Advise on corrective actions.
- Work with equipment designers and manufacturing officers to develop a cost-effective and working production process.
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
- Ensure financial budgets are followed.
- Research and purchase new manufacturing technology.
- Document baseline machine performance and recommend improvements
- Organize, document, and participate in running trials on equipment
- Ensure all set ups and recipes are up to date for all products
- Assist in advancing M4.0 in the plant
- Additional duties as assigned
BS in Textile Science or applicable technical discipline
- Technical knowledge of textile making, carding process and converting process
- Basic understanding of mechanical equipment
- Data analysis such as Six-Sigma
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- ISO9001 experience a plus
- Minitab or other statistical software proficiency
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]