Laborer (Machine Operator)
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
POSITION TITLE: Laborer (Machine Operator)
LOCATION: Ancram, NY
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as Laborer (Machine Operator). A Laborer is responsible for being a safe and productive member of the Mativ Team. A Laborer fills entry level positions while growing into jobs of greater responsibility. A Laborer is expected to perform the following duties:
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Follow all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations
- Operate fork lift truck moving materials and products within the facility.
- Read, understand, and follow written and oral instructions.
- Work as a productive member of a team.
- Follow instructions related to independent work assignments.
- Assist operators or maintenance personnel as required or assigned.
- Enter production data into computer system.
- Demonstrate fundamental math skills.
- Follow written work instructions and specifications related to raw material blends and customer packaging specifications.
- Access to confidential information such as formulas, supplier names, materials, process conditions and set-up information. (You will have to sign a confidentiality agreement upon hire)
- Any and all other duties assigned.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, sit, use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel, and reach.
- Frequently walk, talk and listen.
- Occasionally climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Frequently lift and or move up to 60 pounds. Frequent bending is required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Required Education & Skillsets:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with workers and supervisors.
- Ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply with the aid of a calculator.
- Basic computer skills are required. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, data entry of production and materials in database.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex multiple step instructions.
- Highly moricated, self-starter, TEAM player
- Ability to deal with non-standardized situations with multiple variables.
- Ambient temperatures range from cold to extremely hot & humid.
- Atmosphere will contain dust, fumes, and odors.
- Special hazards include mechanical, electrical, and chemical.
- Protective clothing/equipment required could include, but not limited to: Safety glasses, Steel toed boots, hearing protection, protective gloves, and other personal protective equipment.
Starting hourly wage from: $22 - $25
Shift work is required. Shifts may vary from week to week: 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am
As an employee of Mativ, you will be eligible for participation, as of the first day of employment, in a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, group life, accidental death, critical illness and long-term disability insurance plans along with access to our Employee Assistance Programs – available 24/7 to you and your family. Mativ offers an enhanced 401(k) savings plan with a maximum company match of 6% of earnings.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].