PM Maintenance Mechanic
Position Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Family: Operations
Business Unit: Industrial
location: windsor, CT
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Diagnoses equipment problems and plans for necessary repairs including disassembly and reassembly, fabrication and/or rebuilding of parts, rigging, and machine installation. Follows instructions from supervisor and implements emergency and scheduled repairs. Conducts facility and equipment inspections and initiates repairs as necessary.
Performs preventative maintenance on facility and manufacturing equipment with other Maintenance personnel
This job requires being "on-call" nights and weekends on a rotating basis with other members of the department.
6pm-6am Monday - Thursday
10% Shift Differential
- Installs, maintains, and repairs all mechanical equipment and basic electrical controls which are necessary to support all production machines and facility functions operating at specified levels.
- Diagnoses equipment problems and plans for necessary repairs including disassembly and reassembly, fabrication and/or rebuilding of parts, rigging and machine installation. Follows instructions from supervisor and implements emergency and scheduled repairs. Conducts facility and equipment inspections and initiates repairs as necessary.
- Performs preventative maintenance on facility and manufacturing equipment with other Maintenance personnel
- This job requires being "on call" nights and weekends on a rotating basis with other members of the department.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- High mechanical aptitude with a concentration in the following areas: Metal fabrication, machinist, welding, hydraulics/pneumatics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Operator controls and interfaces.
- PLC Troubleshooting
- Instrument Calibration
- Basic electrical aptitude to work with other Maintenance Personnel
Desirable Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of PLC software and ladder logic for troubleshooting and Operator Interfaces a plus
- Requires own tools, (mechanical and basic electrical)
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hearing protection, safety glasses, goggles, or shields, cut gloves).
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].