Inventory Control Specialist
Position Title: Production and inventory control specialist
Job Family: Operations
Business Unit: industrial
Classificaiton: non exempt
location: windsor, ct
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Work with-in the production and warehouse departments to maximize inventory accuracy and minimize material and labor variances. Responsibilities include understanding SCAPA’s systems, defining optimal methods, documenting methods, training, auditing, performing bookings, cycle counts and physical inventory.
- Analyze, control and ensure accuracy of inventory balances.
- Work with production planners and production operators to determine root cause of cycle count, inventory audit and production reporting variances.
- Create (as required) and maintain documentation, processes and procedures associated with inventory and maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Continually work to improve all aspects of the inventory system.
- Work interactively with operators to perform accurate booking and line clearance.
- Coordinate, maintain and improve cycle count program.
- Perform weekly cycle counts.
- Analyze and verify cycle count variances.
- Lead, monitor and participate in yearend physical Inventory.
- Perform audits of inventory and production transactions to ensure accuracy.
- Make inventory adjustments as necessary.
- Create and maintain queries to resolve inventory issues.
- Assure accurate material usage reporting.
- Assure accurate scrap reporting
- Train operators and staff as required.
- Maintain integrity of BOMs
- Prepare inventory related and other reports as required.
- Perform other material related activity when requested.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Associate degree or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school and two years of experience in manufacturing scheduling or planning or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mathematical/analytical ability and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Interpersonal, time management of organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills and ability to speak effectively before a group of associates.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications.
- Experience with MRP systems.
- Knowledge of fundamental inventory concepts.
- Able to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Desirable Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Experience using SAP.
- Experience using Fork Trucks, fork truck certified.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Seasonal exposure to hot and humid conditions
- Noise levels that may require hearing protection
- Long periods of standing
- Lifting up to 40 lbs
This job description has been approved by:
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Date Documented Created:
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]