Position Title: Mixer 1
location: Mixing room Deparment
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Mixer 1 is responsible for manufacturing of Hydrocolloid Adhesive (Mixing Room Process)
The Mixer 1 report directly to the Production Supervisor.
- Accurately to complete all relevant logs and mixing paperwork. (Such as Cleaning log, safety Guarding daily checklist, Daily weight check verification, Formulations sheets and others.)
- Clean airlocks, floor, and areas around the machine’s surfaces, bins and others areas of the Mixing room as assigned by the Supervisor and following the cleaning instruction.
- Respond to mix requirements to support the Cleanroom operations and schedule.
- Ensure Mixing Room areas, tools and equipment remains clean according to specifications.
- Notify the Production Supervisor and team member if anything deviates from specifications.
- Interface with the Cleanroom and Warehouse counterparts to assure all pertinent information is transferred among departments.
- Utilize Epicor system as required (Material Issue and Return, receive to stock, print pick list, log in/out labor and enter quantity produced and scrap on operations if applicable, among others)
- Receive and return material from the warehouse.
- Conform to all Safety, Quality, and Standards Operating Procedures.
- Move; push/pull the raw material, carts, equipment and containers.
- Interact and communicate to the Technical Department any maintenance request.
- Work with cross-functional teams on development or improvement of SOP, test specification, and manufacturing projects assigned by the Mixer Supervisor.
- Clean raw materials cart and wheels with alcohol and verify raw materials labels information (part number Exp. Date, among others) before entering to the Mixing Room department.
- Verify the information of the raw materials against to the expiration date stated on the job and labels before weighing.
- Utilize the safety equipment to the job including raw materials lifter to add raw materials.
- Utilize the scale and printer making sure the correct amount of raw materials is in accordance with the Formulation sheets.
- Operate and clean mixing machines as required by the specifications.
- Cut the silicone paper using the roll stand with the cutter.
- Take out the mix from the machines to the trays and spread it over to the entire tray using the coating spatulas.
- Pulling the mix bars from the trays and loading into the mix carts.
- Clean mixing carts and wheels with alcohol before entering to Mixing room or Clean room departments.
- Flexibility to cover and/or interchange between day and night shift as needed by the company (including but not limited to: cover for leaves of absence, vacation, position vacancy, etc.)
- Support Z-Fold process according with the job traveler
- Support Clean Room packaging process according to specifications.
- Support Mixing Room according to specifications.
- Support Print Department process according to specifications.
- Support others departments as assigned.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Good communication and interaction skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving and decision making.
- Self-motivated to work effectively in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and apply the information contained on technical documentation or procedures.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
- Experience in a production environment.
- Experience operating manufacturing machine.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus.
- Basic computer skills using Word and Excel.
- Physically capable performing tasks associated with the responsibilities, such as but not limited to:
Frequent standing, walking, sitting, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; work on an elevated platform or surface; and talk, see and hear.
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite.
- 1-year experience operating mixer machine.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, electronics and other light industrial equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Also will perform tasks inside cleanroom and must follow cleanroom work instructions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. For certain tasks, lifting equipment is provided, as is eye, ear, and toe protection.
Employee must frequently push or pull material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and or material carts carrying loads in excess of 1,800lbs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]