Maintenance Mechanic - 1st Shift (M-F)/$1000.00 Sign On Bonus
At SWM (Formerly Trient Technologies), We Are Essential!
Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used for essential applications in the medical, filtration, transportation and more.
Our world-class team supplies advanced materials for leading brands of all sizes. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all our employees.
YOU are Essential.
In this role, you are responsible for the repairs and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, pneumatic conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
Recent technical school graduates are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Follow all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation, listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble and may start devices to test their performance.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts and lubricates and cleans parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
Associates Degree from a college, university, or technical school; 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. rotary die cutting experience or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Recent post secondary graduates strongly encouraged to apply!
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions
World Class Benefits That Include:
- Outstanding Medical, Dental & Vision Plans on the 1st of month after 30 days.
- Employer Paid Vision, Life Insurance, ADD, Critical Illness, STD and LTD Disability
- 401K with a generous match of up to 6%, Immediately vested and eligible for company match
- Quarterly Bonus Plan
- 8 Paid Holidays, 2 personal holidays
- Up to 120 hours PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Support and Professional Development
- Great Opportunities for Career Growth World Wide
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]